Do you know that about 1.75 million people died due to diabetes in 2015 and 2.2 million due to the high glucose level in blood? The irony is that just one- fourth of them knew they had diabetes. So to prevent diabetes, it is necessary we should have the proper knowledge of it.
Historically Indians knew most about diabetes than the people of any other country. Bitter gourd, black plum and eggplant (karela, jamun and baingan) contain tremendous antidiabetic properties and this was known to only Indian people till US Government gave the illegal patent rights of these vegetables to Cromak Research Inc., a New Jersey firm about 16 years back in 1999. The remedies we knew to treat diabetes were only known in India at that time till some foreign scientists stole away our knowledge to prepare allopathic drugs for treating diabetes.
So today we have decided to share some important remedies and tips with you that will help you in preventing diabetes. These antidiabetic remedies and tips have been acknowledged by the people throughout the world.
Scroll down the page to know these useful tips for preventing diabetes. Because diabetes is such an unwanted guest that can confront anyone at any time, neither poor nor rich is safe from it.
1) The kind of lifestyle you are living is the primary factor that decides how many chances you have of catching diabetes. If you will modify your lifestyle, scientists say that chances of diabetes, minimize by near about 70%.
2) If you are living a sedentary lifestyle, it is necessary for you to increase your physical activity, other diabetes may catch you anytime. A healthy lifestyle also means a balanced diet that suits your body.
3) If you are putting weight consistently, that means you are inching towards diabetes. Because overweight people have higher chances of contracting diabetes. Scientists say that chances of diabetes in heavyweight increase by 20-40 percent
4) “Shed one-kilo weight and reduce chances of diabetes by 16 percent,” health experts say.
5) Always follow low-calorie diets if you want to adapt a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet includes fruits and vegetables. Avoid hydrogenated foods which contain fat and sugar. Drink plain water as much as you can and try to avoid sweetened beverages because they have been linked with diabetes.
6) Walking is a useful exercise that lowers risk of diabetes by about 20 percent. Walking has no limit, you can watch as much as you can on the day. Scientists say that walking regulates the insulin level in our body by increasing insulin receptors on our cells.
7) Insulin enters into body cells where it bursts into energy and nutrition. If it fails to enter into cells, its concentration will increase in the blood that ultimately leads to gumming up of blood vessels. Walking avoids that thing to happen. It cuts diabetic risk by about 30 percent.
8) Stress is one more factor that increases insulin in our sugar. So for keeping diabetes at bay, it is necessary for you to live a stress-free life. Stress gets reduced by workout, entertainment, sleep and socialization.
9) Insomnia is one more factor that leads to diabetes. Apnea (the cessation of breaths many times during a night that breaks sleep) can also lead to diabetes. Some bad habits can be the reason behind your insomnia. Avoid caffeine in the afternoon. Do not bring your office at home and avoid watching TV till late night. And if the problem still persists, consult your doctor.
10) It is important for everyone to have a blood test because diabetic symptoms do not reflect until they reach the advanced level. So it is better to wipe out the hidden enemy in days.
11) Scientists say that people who are having blood sugar level in between 100 and 125 mg/dl become fully diabetic in about 10 years and if this level is treated at the earliest, the condition can be blocked easily provided one knows his blood sugar level.
It is almost compulsory for every person above 45 to get his blood sugar level checked regularly, particularly for overweight ones and those who are having a diabetic history in the family.