Most women go through many physical changes after giving birth. And these changes often get noticed when they take a form of serious health issues. Delayed periods being one of them. Some women complain about the irregular periods even months after delivery while some face this problem on a permanent basis. Today we are going to make you aware of such period related problems which women often face after childbirth.
The major reason behind delayed periods after delivery is breastfeeding. The longer the mother breastfeeds her infant, the more delayed her periods would be. The hormone which is responsible for the production of breast milk, prolactin, reduces ovulation in women. This is why some women have their periods 6-8 months after childbirth.
2. Weight Loss or Gain
Changes in weight are yet another cause of delayed menstruation in women. Apart from this, hypothyroidism or lack of nutrition is also another reason for irregular periods. Breastfeeding the child also causes lack of nutrients in the new mother’s body. You should consume lots of green vegetables and protein rich food to maintain the nutrients level in the body.
3. Low or No Ovulation
The ovulation cycle is the primary controlling factor of the menstrual cycle. If you’re experiencing no or little ovulation, then you can face missed periods for at least 1 year after delivery. Never ignore such problems. Consult your doctor immediately.
Incoming search terms:
- missed periods after pregnancy (10)
- missing periods after delivery by operation (4)
- missing periods after delivery (4)
- why after delivery some womans periods is late (3)
- why my third period is late after ceaserean delivary (3)
- What is the cause of delay in menstruation after birth? (2)
- What is the reason of no periods after delivery (2)
- what happened irregular periods for after delivery (2)
- what are reasons of delayed periods afterpregnancy and what there causes (2)
- no menses one year after delivery (2)