Mint is popular by the name of Pudina in an Indian household. It is a soothing ingredient which is used for making refreshing summer drinks. The exceptional cooling properties of mint make it one of the best ingredients to be used in a face pack. It is antiseptic, antibacterial and a natural cleanser. So now you can figure out why it is used to treat acne, irritation, and blemishes. Never heard about it? Don’t worry, we’re here to tell you today. And the surprising fact is that it is enriched with vitamin A, salicylic acid, and antioxidants, which I don’t need to explain what it does for our skin. Salicylic acid is a messiah for acne-prone skin. While antioxidants combat the action of free radicals on our skin.
1. Mint and Cucumber to beat sunburns
Forgot to put sunscreen? And your face burning like a red hot piece of charcoal? Don’t worry. It’s not too late yet. Mint is rich in vitamin A and C along with omega-3 fatty acids which help a great deal in treating sun tan. Antioxidants help the skin to rejuvenate itself and cool down the burnt skin.
How to make?
- take some sliced cucumber and some chopped mint. Blend them together in a grinder.
- Make a fine paste of the two and apply it on your clean face. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
2. Mint and Multani Mitti Face Pack
Mint contains menthol which is known to reduce the sebum production in our skin while the Multani mitti is rich in magnesium which is an excellent mineral for acne-prone skin. Mint along with Multani mitti cleanses face thoroughly and eliminates dead skin cells. Hence, Multani mitti and Pudina leaves is an excellent power pack remedy for oily skin in summers.
How to make?
- Crush some Pudina leaves in a pestle and mortar or you can use the grinder for that. But don’t grind it for more than few seconds. The heat from the grinding can turn it black.
- Add some Multani mitti to it. Mix these two into a fine paste. You can also add rosewater to dilute the paste.
- Apply this paste over your face and neck.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
3. Mint Leaves with rosewater
This face pack is the best suited for those who have acne on their skin. Mint not only cures the acne but also diminishes the acne marks, as it contains salicylic acid. Rosewater, on the other hand, is an excellent natural astringent. Rosewater is also used to treat eczema and other skin issues. 2-3 drops of rosewater are enough to hydrate your skin and make it pimple-free.
How to make?
- Grind few mint leaves into a paste and add few drops of rose water.
- Apply the paste on your face
- Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
4. Mint and Oats Moisturizing scrub
Honey is a natural moisturizing agent which deep cleanses your skin. It detoxifies your skin without snatching away the necessary moisture from it. Milk, on the other hand, contains lactic acid which gently exfoliates the skin and improves complexion. Oats is an exceptional moisturizing scrub for the dry and flaky skin. Cucumber is a summer cool ingredient to soothe your heat-stricken skin.
How to Make?
- Take 1 tablespoon of oats, 2 tablespoons of milk powder and ½ tablespoon of honey in a bowl. Mix them well.
- Crush some mint leaves and add grated cucumber to it.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your clean face.
- Massage it on your face with your fingers and leave it on for 5 minutes. Wash it away with cold water.
Incoming search terms:
- pudina face pack for pimples (17)
- mint face pack (8)
- mint face mask acne skin (2)
- mint face pack for acne scars (2)
- facepake for pimple (1)
- mint face pack for acne (1)