There was a time when false lashes were a “thing”. But that was the time when eyelash extensions were not that popular. If you do not know about eyelash extensions, then let me tell you that eyelash extensions are a more elite version of the false lashes. When you get lash extensions, the extension is applied to your natural lash hair one by one. They look much more natural and thus cost you more. you need to get them done from a professional. Eyelash extensions last you for about 3-4 weeks, after which you need to get regular touch ups to maintain the extensions.
But before you decide to get lash extensions and hop on to that chair, there are few points that you need to consider.
1. You need not use false lashes anymore- Eyelash extensions are a great alternative to the false lashes. They save you the hassle of applying false lashes every day. If you are someone who uses false lashes on a daily basis, then lash extensions are definitely a great alternative. Though eyelash extensions are a little expensive but at least you don’t have to struggle every day with putting on false lashes and then removing them at the end of the day.
2. You have to change your makeup routine- Eyelash extensions are a completely different thing when compared to false lashes and thus you need to change your entire makeup routine after getting the extensions. There are several makeup products that you need to change. For example, you are advised not to use mascaras and in fact, you don’t really need mascara after getting lash extensions.
Also, you need to steer clear off any oil based products since the oil can break down the glue faster.
Also Read: 4 Natural Ways to Thicken Eyebrows
3. The end result depends on your original lashes- Don’t get your hopes too high when you go for getting your extensions. A number of extensions that can be used on your eyelashes depends on your original lashes. the eyelash extensions are fixed onto your original individual lashes and if you have very sparse lashes the eyelash expert will not be able to use a lot of the extensions. So, if your natural lashes are very sparse don’t expect a very dramatic makeover.
4. Don’t try to DIY it- It may sound very tempting and is obviously very cheap, but never try to do your own eyelash extensions. This is a job that is suitable for only a professional and should be left for them to do. Also, getting eyelash extensions repeatedly may lead to a condition where your eyelash hair may start to shed. Thus, it is best to give the lashes a break whenever you can.
5. There are chances of an allergic reaction- Although the glue used for sticking the extensions onto your lashes is completely safe to be used near your eyes. But in rare chances, you may get an allergic reaction especially if you are allergic to formaldehyde which is a common ingredient in the extension glue. Although this is not a common allergy but who knows, you might be allergic to this particular material or some other.