We all are humans and being humans we are ought to make mistakes. But sometimes those mistakes can turn into regrets especially when you decided to get a hair color which looked totally gorgeous on your friend but turned out to be a blunder on your hair. But don’t sweat it. As I said as humans do make mistakes and besides this mistake is not as bad as you are thinking it to be because there are way outs.
So today we are going to share with you 5 simple ways to get rid of your unwanted hair dye.
1. Bleaching- This is one of the most commonly used methods for removing unwanted hair dye from your hair. But along with that, it is one of the harshest method too and can damage your hair to a great extent. Thus, make sure to keep it reserved as the last resort. If your hair has already been bleached, then avoid this method completely. Bleaching should be preferred if you have colored your hair with permanent hair color, otherwise, you can try out the options mentioned below.
2. Bath salts- You can use bath salts too in order to fade away the color from your hair. Bath salts usually have sodium bicarbonate which helps in removing the unwanted dye from your hair. You can also use Epsom salt if you don’t have bathing salts handy. Make a solution by combining water and bath salt, transfer it to a spray bottle and spritz it on your hair. Make sure that your hair is completely soaked with this water. Leave it on your hair for as long as you can and then wash your hair. This is one of the cheapest and most effective method for getting rid of unwanted hair dye.
3. Vitamin C- This method is suitable for getting rid of semi-permanent hair color. For this method, you need vitamin C tablets and your regular shampoo. Crush 1-2 vitamin C tablets and mix it with your shampoo. Now apply this shampoo on your hair so that all the strands are well coated with it. Leave the shampoo on your hair for 20 minutes and then wash your hair.
4. Anti-dandruff shampoo- One of the simplest ways to remove unwanted hair dye from your hair is to wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo. The pH level of the anti-dandruff shampoos is quite high and thus, it helps in fading away semi-permanent hair dyes. But don’t just choose any anti-dandruff shampoo, the ones that you get on medical stores or those prescribed by the dermatologists are the best ones for this purpose. Also, whenever you wash your hair with the anti-dandruff shampoo make sure to condition your hair each time.
5. Color removers- Color removers are readily available in the market and are most preferred for permanent hair colors. There are two variants available in the market- color strippers and color reducers. Color reducer is not that harsh but does not take away all the color off your hair. On the other hand, color strippers are much stronger and strips off all the color from the hair shaft. If you decide to use these make sure to read the instructions carefully.
Incoming search terms:
- do bath salt strip dye out of hair (1)