There is a huge range of facial cleansers available in the market from which you can choose one depending on the requirement of the skin and also according to your budget. So if you can easily purchase a face wash/cleanser from the market then what is the need to prepare one at home? The reason for the same is that the store bought cleansers are laden with chemicals and it doesn’t matter how much they claim to be “natural” they are also little bottles of “chemical goodness”. But luckily there are a lot of natural ingredients which work equally well as a face wash or cleanser without damaging your skin. Below we have mentioned top 5 homemade cleaners which are better than your face wash.
Also Read: 5 Ways To Naturally Whiten Skin At Home
1. Coconut Oil– Coconut oil contains a high number of antioxidants along with antibacterial properties and fatty acids which help in flushing out the toxins from the skin. It removes the dirt from deep within the skin and creates a shield on the skin thus protecting it from free radicals. Take some coconut oil on clean hands and massage your face with it for a minute. Wipe your face with a soft clean tissue and then wash your face with warm water. Your face will feel and look super clean. This remedy is perfect for people with dry skin but people with oily skin should do a patch test before trying it out.
2. Milk– Milk has lactic acid in it which helps in removing dirt from deep within your pores while hydrating and nourishing at the same time. All you need to do is soak a cotton pad or cotton ball in cold raw milk. Squeeze out the excess and then use the cotton to wipe your face and neck. All the dirt and grime will come off on the cotton pad. Rinse your face with cold water and pat dry. Using this face cleanser regularly will make your skin radiant and soft.
3. Aloe Vera– Aloe Vera is one ingredient your skin needs to look its best. Aloe Vera comprises of a substance named aloesin which along with the antioxidants cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin all at the same time. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from the aloe vera leaf and keep it in a bowl. Chill the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator and then apply it on your face and neck ignoring the eye area. Let it dry on your face. Now dip a cotton ball in water and wipe your face with it. Now rinse your face with water once more and pat dry with a clean towel.
4. Lemon and Honey– Lemon is a natural exfoliator and also has antiseptic properties thus preventing acne and breakouts. On the other hand, the honey as a natural moisturiser helps in keeping your skin nourished and soft. To make this clarifying cleanser, mix 2 tbsp. of honey with a tsp. of fresh lemon juice. Mix the two well and apply it on your face. Let it dry and then rinse it off with cold water. Pat dry with a clean towel.
5. Yogurt– This one is one of the best natural cleansers. Being a milk product yogurt is rich in lactic acid and protein which helps in getting rid of dead skin cells while hydrating the skin and tightening the pores. Take some fresh yogurt and massage your face with it for 20-30 seconds. Rinse your face with cold water and to get rid of all the dirt and grime. Pat dry your face with a clean towel.