Being a mother is perhaps the most magical thing that can happen to a lady on this earth. It is believed that with the newborn baby, the mother too gets a new birth. It is totally a different feeling to give birth to a new soul. But there is so much pain and suffering too that a mother has to go through in all these 9 months. There are so many hormonal changes that the women have to go through in the pregnancy period and one part that suffers a lot in this duration is the skin. Your beautiful skin has to go through a lot in pregnancy. The skin gets a dry and a flaky covering that ruins the beauty of the pregnant lady. The skin gets dry for most of the times and we have come up with effective measures that you can take whilst in your pregnancy for a smooth and healthy skin.
1. Cleansing: This is very easy and a handy measure that you can implement over your skin. This way the skin remains healthy and smooth and the doctors suggest going with the cleansing lotion that constitutes of glycerin.
2. Protection against the Sun: The most crucial inclusion you should consider to your skin-care sessions during pregnancy and even post pregnancy, it is a lotion with minimum SPF 15, that too with a broad spectrum care against both the harmful rays UVA and UVB. Doctors explain that increased levels of hormones increase pigment cells, which might lead to facial blotchiness, or commonly known as “the mask of pregnancy.” The use of sunscreens will help in avoiding this situation.
3. Drink Plenty of Water: The best way to stay away from the dry skin is to go drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Apart from the moisturizers and the cleansers the best way to keep the skin healthy and glowing is to drink plenty of water. This way the skin will remain hydrated and it will help in maintaining the glow of your skin and make you look fresh.
4. Bath oil: The skins gets very dry at times and there is the sensation of scratching and then itching so it becomes very important to keep it oily. The best way to do this is to add some bath oil into the bathing tub. Follow this practice every day and your skin will get enough moisture this way. In addition to it your precious time would be saved too. Just make sure that you stay cautious in the washroom because with the oil sometimes the floor gets slippery.
5. Eat Healthy: The best way to keep your skin as well yourself as well as your child healthy is to consume adequate amount of fats, proteins and vitamins. The glow of your face can be captured well even in the pregnancy if you have proper and healthy food. Your doctor must have given you a proper diet chart and we would recommend you to strictly follow the diet plan for the good will of yours as well as the skin.