Everyone wishes to have a fair complexion which is healthy and Blemish-Free. But daily exposure to the sun, pollution, and other physical factors may result in dark and uneven skin tone. In the urge to get back your fair skin tone you try almost every fairness cream available in the market but nothing really works or the results are never satisfactory.
But a better option other than the fairness creams are the trustworthy home remedies for skin whitening. These remedies are safe to use, are cost-effective and they actually work. So, today we are going to share with you 5 ways to naturally whiten your skin at home.
1. Yogurt– Yogurt being a milk product contains lactic acid and thus has mild bleaching or skin lightening properties. The lactic acid has AHA’s or alpha hydroxyl acids which tones down the melanin production thus making your skin appear brighter and whiter.
- Take half cup of fresh yogurt (unflavoured) and apply it on the areas you need to lighten.
- Leave on the yogurt for 4-5 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- Repeat this home remedy for skin whitening every day for best results.
2. Honey– Honey has natural mild bleaching properties thus when used on a regular basis can help in skin whitening. It not only helps in skin lightening but also with getting rid of dead skin cells which often gives you the appearance of dark skin. But for this remedy you need organic raw honey.
- Apply raw organic honey to the area that needs to be lightened and leave it on 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this skin whitening process on a daily basis in order to get best results.
3. Gram flour- Gram flour doesn’t really have bleaching or skin whitening ingredients but it acts as an amazing natural skin exfoliator which gets rid of all the accumulated dead skin cells as well as the dirt trapped in your skin pores.
- In a bowl, add 1 tbsp. chickpea flour, ½ tsp. honey, 1 tbsp. milk cream and 2-5 drops of lemon juice. Mix everything to form a uniform paste.
- Apply this skin whitening mask on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- After the time lapse, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this method to naturally whiten skin at home regularly in order to see results.
4. Turmeric– One of the most trusted and favourite skin whitening remedies of our grandmothers and mothers is the trusty turmeric. Turmeric has been used for ages in India to treat several skin related ailments and issues along with skin whitening.
- Mix turmeric powder with enough milk cream to make a paste and apply it on the area that needs skin whitening.
- Let the paste dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy regularly in order to get best results.
5. Tomatoes- Tomatoes have naturally occurring bleaching agent in them and thus helps in skin lightening. Tomatoes have a high amount of vitamin c and also has astringent properties which aids in skin whitening. The acidic nature of the tomatoes helps in balancing the pH level of the skin preventing excess secretion of oil thus making it one of the perfect home remedies for oily and acne prone skin.
- Extract the pulp from a tomato in a bowl.
- Apply the pulp on the area that needs to be lightened and let it dry.
- Add another layer of the tomato pulp and let it dry.
- Wash your face with water after 10 minutes.
- In order to get best results, use this remedy on a regular basis.
NOTE: You need to be consistent with these remedies in order to get results.