With the current lifestyle which has both mental and physical stress in abundance, people are greatly exposed to several health-related issues such as high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes and increased blood pressure. Though it is impossible to reduce the level of stress and the issues that come along it, you can definitely practice a healthy lifestyle and consume a healthy diet to counteract the ill effects.
One such food item that people should include in their diet to counteract the ill effects of this kind of lifestyle is jamun. Not many people are aware of the fact that the bright coloured fruit is loaded with various nutrients such as protein, calcium, carbohydrates, iron, vitamin B, vitamin C, magnesium, antioxidants, glucose, potassium, fibre, and fructose, all of which work together as a team to improve our health and maintain it. Here are some of the health-related benefits of jamun.
1. Beneficial for diabetics- Jamun is known to be very effective in the treatment of diabetes. It has anti-diabetic properties in it which convert the starch into energy thus keeping the blood sugar level in control. The people who are suffering from diabetes must include jamun juice in their daily diet as it will help in maintaining their blood sugar levels by improving the insulin activity and sensitivity.
2. Helps in treating heart disorders- Jamun contains a very high number of antioxidants and minerals in it which are very beneficial for the heart. Eating jamuns on a regular basis prevents hypertension, blood pressure, stroke as well as other cardiovascular diseases. It also helps in managing the cholesterol and the blood sugar level.
3. Aids in fighting cancer- Including jamun in your daily routine also reduces the risk of cancer as it contains bioactive phytochemicals which include polyphenol. These polyphenols contain a chemical named anthocyanin which is known to fight cancer-causing cells. The people who are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy sessions should have jamun juice during that time to increase the effect of these treatments. The flavonoids, anthocyanins, gallic acid and ellagic acid present in the jamuns have an anti-carcinogenic (prevent cancer) on all the body organs.
4. Improves digestion- The Vitamin A and C present in the jamun detoxifies the body as well as treats the digestion related disorders such as diarrhoea, vomiting, dysentery and irritable bowel syndrome. The jamun helps in the improved functioning of the digestive system because of the cooling and soothing effect.
Also Read: 7 Best and Worst Foods for Proper Digestion
5. Improves skin- Jamuns have a very high amount of iron in them thus making them act as a blood purifier, thus keeping your skin clear and problem free.it also prevents acne, pimples, blemishes and the early signs of ageing. Such as wrinkles and fine lines. the vitamin c present in it ensures that you get a glowing and fair skin.
Also Read: How to get clear skin in less than 5 minutes
6. Improves eyesight- Since jamun is a great source of vitamin C it is very beneficial for your eyesight. It supports the body to form and sustain connective tissues which also includes the formation of collagen present in the cornea of the eye.
With so many benefits jamun is a must have fruit. But due to its availability (it is a seasonal fruit), you cannot have it all year around. But you can always get its juice in the packaged form.
Incoming search terms:
- jamun fruit benefit eye (1)