Apart from the makeup and stylish clothes your hair also plays a very important role in complementing your look. Thus, if you are blessed with long, lustrous and thick hair, then you have already won half of the battle.
To be honest, hair is one of the most prized possessions of a woman. We do almost everything to make sure that our hair looks and feels healthy. From regular oil massages to trying out the best hair care products, we leave no stone unturned.
The most basic thing that we do for keeping our hair clean and healthy is washing them. But have you ever thought that what if this is the sole reason which is causing the damage to your hair? haven’t? then maybe this is the correct time to do so.
1. Is it ok to shampoo your hair every day? Well, this depends a lot on your personal preference, but truth to be told there is actually no need to wash your hair on a daily basis. Even if you have the oiliest scalp of all. You still don’t need to wash your hair daily.
2. If your scalp is dry, then you should avoid washing your hair on a daily basis as washing it daily may make your scalp even drier. This may then lead to weaker roots and hair fall. Your hair will start losing their volume. So if you have a dry scalp, do not wash your hair for more than 2-3 times a week.
3. If you have an oily scalp and your hair starts getting oily just after a day post washing your hair, even then you should not wash your hair on a daily basis. To keep your scalp oil-free you can wash your hair 4 times a week as this will keep the oily scalp at bay. Even the biggest of dermatologist and stylists do not recommend washing your hair on a daily basis. Our hair is like fibers and the more we wash them the more they get to wear off. Thus, no need to wash them daily.
4. Sometimes even after oiling your hair before washing them results in very dry and brittle hair. This happens because your hair oil may take time to get absorbed into your scalp. Thus, in order to get the best out of your hair oil, it is advisable to leave the oil on your scalp overnight or for at least 4-5 hours before washing it off.
5. Picking the right shampoo for your hair and scalp type also plays a crucial role in maintaining the health of your scalp. Always pick a shampoo which is meant for your hair type. Keep away from shampoos which have a lot of chemicals in them. Go for sulfate and paraben free shampoos as these are milder than their counterparts.
6. Avoid using too much of shampoo to wash your hair. Lather your shampoo well and massage your scalp with it to get rid of all the dirt and accumulated product build up. Massaging your scalp will also improve the blood flow to the scalp. Always use lukewarm water to wash your hair and steer clear of the hot water. The hot water will make your hair even drier.
Incoming search terms:
- google (1)