Since the ancient times and Ayurveda’s Birth, turmeric has always been considered to be the most sacred ingredient that has countless uses and benefits for health and beauty. Also, touted as the most common spice that is used all over the nation in cooking delicious cuisines as well.
From treating sicknesses to adding more glamour to your beauty, turmeric (Haldi) does it all for you. We would recommend you start using this amazing ingredient in your everyday meals and beauty treatments if you have been avoiding it until now!
Here are 7 such reasons to why turmeric is known to the most sacred element of all in most of the Indian remedies.
Also read: Turmeric and Its Benefits!!
1. It Works As An Anti-Aging Factor
Turmeric is great for exfoliation and defeating the early signs of aging. Make a paste of turmeric and gram flour (besan) mixing them in equal proportions using water. Or you can also use yogurt or raw milk as well in place of water. Now apply that mixture on your body and leave it to dry naturally. Scrub off for a few minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water and get the glowing and smooth skin.
2. Say Goodbye To Wrinkles Forever
The best way to bid goodbye to those ugly wrinkles is using turmeric, combining it with other ingredients.
• Make a mixture of turmeric powder, rice powder, tomato juice and raw milk to form a thick paste. Apply that paste on your body and let it dry. Wash off afterwards.
• Another way of using turmeric powder for beautifying your skin is to mix it with sugarcane juice and buttermilk, to help you get rid of wrinkles and dark circles forever.
• Honey-turmeric paste is best for exfoliation and keeping a check on pores.
3. Lightens The Uninvited Stretch Marks
The markets are filled with expensive products that claim to treat your stretch marks problem but are never really effective in doing so. But who could have thought that we would find something so useful and effective in our kitchens, with promising results as well.
So, to get the best results from this home remedy, mix yogurt/raw milk, besan and turmeric powder to form a tick paste. Apply it on the stretch marks to lighten them.
4. Cure Acne With Turmeric face pack & Scrub
The following face packs will surely help you get rid of those ugly-looking acnes and their scars.
• Prepare a turmeric scrub with a few drops of water and lemon juice, added in turmeric powder. Use this scrub to be applied on the affected area and leaving it on for 15 minutes. Then scrub off before rinsing it with plain water.
• The other way to treat those stubborn acnes is to apply a turmeric and sandalwood powder face pack, for approximately 10 minutes before washing it off.
• Or you can simply apply a plain mixture of turmeric powder and a few drops of water, to settle down the acne.
• For that excess oil secretion, control it with the paste of ground turmeric, sandalwood powder and orange juice. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
5. It Helps Heal Burns Faster
This is a perfect mixture for the days when you accidently burn your skin and need an instant relieving remedy. Simply mix turmeric powder with Aloe Vera gel to form a paste and apply it on your burn. It will help soothe the burning sensation quickly.
6. It Works As An Amazing Hair Removal Remedy
Home remedies do take time sometimes to get you the desired results, but they are far more effective and harmless than those chemical-based products which surely make a hole in your pocket rather than proving any effective results.
A simple mixture of kasturi turmeric and gram flour (besan) or chickpea flour (sattu) will help you get rid of those facial hairs once and for all, but you need to continue doing this remedy for at least a month to get the desired results.
7. Repair Those Cracked Heels
All you need to repair those sensitive cracked heels id to make a mixture of turmeric powder and castor oil/coconut oil and applying it for 15 minutes. Then wash off with plain water and repeat this remedy for at least a week to completely heal your cracked heels.