Every girl desires to have shiny and long hair which everyone envy. But unfortunately not every girl is blessed with a shiny mane. Sometimes external factors can also lead to dry and damaged hair which results in the lack of lustre and shine. In order to restore the shine of your hair, here are the best 7 tricks that will help you keep your mane shiny and healthy.
1. Apply Coconut Oil- It is always a better idea to use natural and organic products as compared to the store bought and chemical laden ones. If your hair are feeling dull and lacking shine and nothing seems to work for getting back that lustre, then try using coconut oil. Take a little bit of coconut oil on your palm and spread it on the lengths of your hair and brush your hair well in order to spread the oil evenly. But make sure to apply this on damp hair for better results. The coconut oil has a very light texture and thus won’t make your hair stick but still make sure you use it in moderation.
2. Finish your Shower with Cold Water –Lukewarm water is considered the best when it comes to washing your hair as the warm temperature open up the pores of your scalp ensuring proper cleaning and at the same time is not too harsh for your scalp and hair. But this also leaves your hair shafts open which may lead to dry hair. Thus, it is advisable to finish your shower with cold water as this will seal the hair shaft and make it smooth which will then make the hair reflect light better and appear shinier.
3. Avoid hot tools- Exposing the hair to extremely high temperatures can lead to damaged hair shaft which can give the appearance of dry and damaged hair which lack shine. In order to maintain the shine of your hair avoid the use of hot tools as much as possible and even when you have to use hot tools make sure to use a heat protectant spray at least 20 minutes prior to styling. The heat protectant will cover the shaft of the hair, thus protecting the hair from damage. Embrace the natural texture of your hair and carry them like that as much as possible.
4. Use a boar bristle brush- Brushing your hair with boar bristle brush can improve the texture of your hair by making them smooth and thus adding shine to them. Boar bristles are natural bristles which help in the even distribution of the natural oils all over your scalp and hair making them appear shinier. Instead of purchasing a low-quality brush invest in a good quality boar bristle brush which will last you for a long time.
5. Trim your hair regularly- split ends can give you the appearance of dry and damaged hair and if ignored can further lead to breakage and hair fall. In order to get rid of the split ends make sure to get your hair trimmed regularly.
6. Oil your hair- another easy way to add shine to your hair is by putting oil on your hair regularly. Massage your scalp and hair once a week with a hair oil of your choice to maintain the shine and softness of your hair.
7. Apply deep conditioner- Conditioners are not always enough to replenish the loss and this is where deep conditioners come really handy. Deep conditioners are a great way to infuse your hair back with the lost moisture and shine. Apply a deep conditioning mask on your hair once a week to add some life back to your hair. You can either opt for a store bought one or a DIY homemade mask.