As per the study, it is found that kids suffer more than the adults from ear infections. They can be painful and messy at time, releasing bile juices oozing out of your ears. The reason behind an ear infection could be any viral infection, wax deposition, bacterial infection, or allergies, moisture build-up, and so on. And so are there various methods to treat this painful infection.
In the ancient times, when science wasn’t this developed and advance, when there were no medicines, no doctors, no antibiotic and no painkillers, peoples used some tested and effective home remedies that did all the magical work. Yes, you don’t need to rush to the doctor every time your ear starts to give you that shooting pain or oozes pus out of it.
Also read: Amazing Benefits of Castor Oil
So, go ahead and try these effective and safe home remedies to treat any kind of ear infection, at home, using simple kitchen ingredients.
1. Castor oil
Castor oil is a magical ingredient that is used for everything and anything from health to skin to hair. it has amazing antibacterial ad antifungal properties that will help you get rid of that ear infection.
• Warm a little castor oil so that it becomes bearable for your ear when it is poured in.
• Then pour a few drops of the oil in your infected ear right before you are going to bed.
• Put a cotton ball or a cotton plug in your ear and sleep facing this infected ear on the upside.
• Clean your ear using a cotton bud the next morning.
Continue this treatment for a week and you will get a clean and an uninfected ear soon.
2. Onion Juice
Onions have amazing medicinal properties that help to reduce the swelling in your ear and cure any minor infection quickly.
• Heat an onion in the microwave and strain its juice in a small bowl.
• Let the liquid cool a little and then pour it into your infected ear. Tilt your head to avoid the juice running out of your ear.
The pain will vanish almost instantly and repeat this at least twice a day to treat the infection completely.
3. Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol acts as a disinfectant that is effective in killing those stubborn microbes, and also helps to dry up any moisture, in your ear.
• Pour 3-4 drops of rubbing alcohol in your infected ear and then place a cotton ball, which is also soaked in the rubbing alcohol, in your ear.
You can repeat this remedy thrice in a day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antifungal and anti-infective properties which make it a great ingredient for treating the ear infection.
• Take 1 part water and 1 part of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
• Use a clean and sanitized cotton ball soak this solution in and drain out the excess.
• Now place this cotton ball in your ear, pushing it a little inside.
• Wait for 5-7 minutes and then dry your ears canals and outer ear carefully.
Do this at least twice or thrice a day to cure the ear infection faster.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and analgesic properties that are great for treating an ear infection.
• Use a dropper to pour 3-4 drops of coconut oil in your ear and then move your jaw, opening and closing it, to make the oil reach the corners of the ear canal.
• Use a dry cotton ball to place it in your ear and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Repeat this method at least twice in a day to get effective results.
6. Salt Sock
Sea salt is good in absorbing the moisture and reducing the swelling too. It will effectively do so for your ear as well.
• Take 1 cup of sea salt and then heat it in a pan.
• Now put the heated salt in a clean sock and tie the open end of the sock.
• Tilt your head and place the bearably hot salt sock on your ear and wait for its magic to work.
You can do this anytime or every time your ear starts to pain.
7. Essential Oil
With amazing antibacterial and antifungal properties, essential oils are effective for treating the ear infection.
• Take 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil on a clean cotton ball and place it in the outer area of your ear, so that it doesn’t fall out but covers your ear’s opening.
• Now, in your palm, take 1-2 drops of lemon essential and ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and mix them well together.
• Use your fingertips to massage it on the back of your ear, only in a downwards direction starting from the back top of your ear.
• Soon you will feel your pain soothing and reduced. Leave the cotton ball in for a while, until the pain is gone.
Repeat this remedy after a few hours or if the pain surfaces again.
Caution* If you suspect that you have got a ruptured eardrum then it is better that you consult your doctor immediately and avoid pouring any liquid or medicine in your ear.
We know that ear infections can leave you irritated and frustrated, but using these home remedies will help you and give you an instant relief from that shooting pain. Share other remedies, if you have any, and share your precious feedback, in the comment section below!
Incoming search terms:
- boldest pic in bollywood (3)
- boobs incrrsed (3)
- how get height (3)
- when breast size increase (3)
- how to get bigger breasts in a day (1)