Regular sun exposure can lead to uneven skin tone and discoloration known as tanning. Some people may embrace tanned skin but for others it is a menace. Thankfully, tanning is not permanent and there are many easy and effective home remedies to get rid of it. We bring you the best 7 home remedies to get rid of tanned arms in just a few weeks.
1. Tomato juice: Tomatoes contain mild de-pigmentation properties and is effective for tan removal.
• Take half tomato.
• Squeeze out its pulp and apply it on the affected area.
• Let it sit for 10 minutes
• Rinse with cold water.
2. Potato juice: Potato has cleansing and bleaching properties. It’s great for people with sensitive skin as it is not that harsh on the skin.
• Take a potato and grate it.
• Extract all the juice from the grated potato.
• Apply this juice on the affected part.
• Rinse after 15 minutes.
3. Yogurt and gram flour: This pack is very effective for tan removal and is a household favorite.
• Take 1 tbsp. gram flour and combine it with 2 tbsp. fresh yogurt.
• Apply this paste on the affected area.
• Let it dry but not completely.
• Scrub off the paste and rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Cucumber, rose water and lemon juice: If you have very sensitive skin and lemon juice is too harsh for you, add some rose water and cucumber juice to dilute it. Rose water and cucumber juice have cooling properties and is very gentle on the skin.
• Combine 1 tbsp. each of lemon juice, cucumber juice and rose water.
• Apply this concoction on the affected area.
• Rinse after 10 minutes.
5. Salt, sugar and olive oil scrub: This scrub is a great option for getting rid of tanned arms that might be stopping you from wearing those sleeveless tops and dresses.
• Mix equal parts of salt and sugar in a bowl.
• Add few drops of olive oil to the salt and sugar.
• Scrub your arms in circular motion for 5 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water.
6. Lemon: Lemons naturally have skin lightening properties due to the presence of citric acid. Therefore, these are great for getting rid of the sun tan. Make sure you use only fresh lemon juice and not the packaged one
• Take a lemon and cut it in half.
• Squeeze out the juice of it.
• Dab this juice on the affected area with a cotton ball.
• Wait for 2 minutes and rinse.
7. Egg whites and multani mitti (Fuller’s earth): This pack is great for removing tan, pigmentation, dark spots and skin discoloration caused by excessive exposure to the sun.
• Whisk 2 egg whites in a bowl.
• Add 4 tsp fuller’s earth and rose water to it.
• Apply this pack on your arms.
• Wash off after 20 minutes.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove tan (1)
- how to remove tan from arms (1)
- olive oil and sugar scrub for tan removal (1)
- potato juice and lemon juice for hands tanning (1)