For us Indians, jewellery is not just used as an adornment but it is an integral part of our culture and tradition. Though we don’t need any specific reason to buy jewellery, but weddings are one such occasion when you just can’t get enough of the beautiful jewellery pieces available. When it comes to weddings, gold jewellery is considered a classic. No bridal look is complete without some dazzling gold jewellery. But since gold doesn’t come for cheap and you will be investing a lot of your hard earned money in it, thus, it is very important for you to be aware of some of the basic factors before you head out to shop. Here are 7 things to keep in mind while shopping for gold jewellery.
1. Before buying gold, the first thing you need to keep in mind is that there are different variations of gold based on the purity, design and weight of the gold jewellery.
2. Another thing that is of great significance is the purity of the gold. Normally pure gold is too soft to use for the purpose of making jewellery and thus is mixed with other metals such silver, copper, nickel and zinc to offer it more durability and strength. The most common purity standard in gold jewellery is 18k, 22k and 24k.
3. The price of the jewellery depends on two factors, the purity of the gold as in which other metals are combined with it and the making charges based on the complexity of the designs. The complex the design the more will be the cost of the jewellery.
4. Gold comes in many variations. Apart from the traditional yellow gold, other options available are white and rose gold. If you prefer a mix of colours than you can also find two-toned designs. This is achieved by combining gold with other metals to create a new colour palette. White gold is made by combining yellow gold with white metals such as silver and palladium. When copper is mixed with gold you get the beautiful rose gold. Apart from these other colour options available are green, purple and black. But yellow gold is still the most preferred one all around the globe.
5. When you go for jewellery shopping, make sure to look for jewellery with BIS hallmark. BIS hallmark ensures a certain standard of purity. Though the charges of making are different for hallmarked jewellery. If you buy jewellery from your local jewellers then it would cost you much less than most of the big brands.
6. Most branded jewellers offer an invoice when you make a purchase from them which has all the details such as the making charges, the price of gold on that day, purity of gold and the hallmark license number mentioned on it.
7. If you have any doubt regarding the purity of the gold then you can go to the nearby hallmarking centre and get it checked for very nominal fees.
Incoming search terms:
- nizam earrings (1)
- traditional nizam jewellery (1)
- why gold is preferred for making jewellery? (1)