Swelling or puffiness around the eye area may occur due to the fluid retention in that area. And as the skin around the eye area is the thinnest, the discoloration and swelling may appear very prominent.
Dark circles and puffy eyes may occur for one of the many reasons which include:
- Too much salt intake
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
- Inherited facial features
Home remedies and topical creams may give temporary relief but to get a more long lasting solution you need to find the underlying cause. Here are the best home remedies
1. Water- The easiest and one of the most effective ways to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink an adequate amount of water every day. The chances of our body to retain water in our body part such as under eye area is much less when we are well hydrated. The water also lets the toxins out of our body.
In order to stay hydrated, drink at least 2-3 litres of water in a day. Also, reduce your salt intake in order to reduce the water retention. Reduce your coffee and tea intake as too much caffeine can dehydrate your skin.
2. Cold Spoon- Try using the spoon method to get rid of puffy eyes. Place two teaspoons in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Take out the spoons out of the refrigerator and place them on your eyes. The cold metal will help relieve the swelling and the puffiness.
3. Cucumbers- Cucumbers contain enzymes that make it the perfect remedy for treating puffy eyes. Also, the astringent properties of cucumber help reduce the inflammation and tightens the under eye area skin. It also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. Cut a few slices of cucumber and place them in the refrigerator to chill. Once cold put these slices on your closed eyes and relax for about 10 minutes. Repeat the process every day.
4. Tea bags- The caffeine in the tea relaxes the constricted blood vessels around the eyes that improves blood circulation, which then reduces the puffiness. You can either use green or black tea, whichever you prefer. Steep two tea bags in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Take the tea bags and squeeze off the excess water. Place these warm tea bag son your eyes and relax.
5. Egg whites- Egg whites have skin tightening properties which are helpful in treating puffiness or under eye bags. It also prevents wrinkle and fine lines. To start with this recipe separate the yolk from the white. Whisk the egg white and apply this on your under eye area with the help of a face mask brush. Leave it on for 15 minutes or until dry. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
6. Potatoes- Potatoes too are a great and effective remedy to treat puffy eyes. The presence of starch makes it a perfect remedy for treating under eye bags as it has anti-inflammatory properties. The bleaching properties of potatoes reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Take a potato and peel it before washing and drying it. Grate the potato and put the grated potato in a soft muslin cloth and tie to secure it. Place this cloth on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your eyes with cold water to get rid of any residue from the potato.
7. Salt water-Drinking warm, salt water can also help reduce under eye bags and puffiness to a considerate level. The salt water helps reduce the water retention just the way it happens in osmosis.
8. Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera makes a great remedy for treating puffy eyes, due to the presence of vitamin e and antioxidants. Apply fresh or store-bought aloe vera gel on the under eye area to calm down the puffiness and swelling.
Incoming search terms:
- www mastiandpuffy com (3)
- puffy com (1)