Fine hair is not the best behaving ones when it comes to styling. You create volume and it sinks, you tuck your fine hair and they start to slip. Basically, it doesn’t matter how you try to style them, it is not going to last. Not anymore. With these volumizing tips, you can create volume in your hair and even make it last longer. Here are the 8 volumizing styling tips for thin hair.
1. Lift your roots- The best way to add volume to your hair is by giving a lift to the hair which creates the illusion of fuller and voluminous hair. To achieve this look, start with damp hair. If your hair is wet, blow dry them till the time they are just damp. Apply a root lifting spray or pomade to the roots of your hair, then use a ceramic round comb to blow dry your hair from the roots while creating volume at the same time. An alternative to this method is using Velcro rollers. For this method too, you have to start with damp hair. Put on the rollers on your damp hair and then use a blow dryer to dry your hair while the rollers are still on. Once the hair is completely dry take off the rollers and seal in the volume with some hairspray.
2. Use hair thickening products- Today there are several products available in the market which can actually help in thickening up your hair strands. They also make your hairstyles last for a very long time which is kind of very difficult when you are styling fine hair as they lose the shape very easily. These volumizing products are available in a huge variety which may include mousses, sprays, lotions and gels. Just steer clear of heavy creams, thick serums, waxes and molding muds. You can also consult your hair stylist for a better recommendation and to know the perfect way of applying these products.
3. Change your part- If you have been wearing the same part since hair started growing on your head then it is probably time to switch your part. When you part your hair in the same way for a very long time, your hair starts to fall flat. When you change your part this helps in giving a lift to your roots making your hair look more voluminous.
4. Opt for curly or wavy hairstyles- A wavy or curly hairstyle will give an immediate boost to your hair making your limp hair look very thick and voluminous. For a healthy looking heat free waves you need to begin with damp hair. Take a dime sized volumizing mousse on your palm and apply it on the roots of your hair. Part your hair from the middle and prepare two braids, one on each side. Let your hair dry completely, untie the braids, run your fingers through them and there you have them- voluminous beachy waves.
5. Cut down the use of heat- This tip is not just for the fine, limp hair type but for every hair type in general. The heat from the hot tools can make your hair dry, brittle and more prone to breakage. So it is better to air dry your hair as much as possible and reserve the blow dryer for exceptional cases. Also, when using one stick to low-temperature settings so that your hair shaft does not get damaged.
6. Protect your hair from thermal damage- When you are using hot tools such as blow dryer, curling rod or straightening iron you must use a heat protectant no matter what. What these do is they create a barrier between your hair and the hot tool and does not let the heat from the hot tool damage the hair shaft. So when next time you decide to curl your fine hair, make sure to apply a heat protectant at least 20 minutes before that.
7. Choose your hair brush wisely- You may have hardly paid any attention to your hair type while picking up a hair brush. But did you know it is very crucial to select a hair brush which is actually meant for your hair type? For example, if you are picking up a round brush meant for blow drying then make sure to go for ceramic ones instead of a metal one. Hard plastic bristle brushes may lead to breakage. The most recommended hair brush for every hair type is the boar bristle brush or brushes made of nylon bristles. These brushes are very delicate and are perfect for fine hair. These ensure that the oils from the scalp get distributed well on all the hair.
8. Get a volumizing haircut- When talking about the perfect haircut for fine hair the two things that really matters is are- length and layers. If you have fine hair, then a one length cut will make your fine hair appear even finer. Apart from this the longer your hair the more they will weigh down making them appear very flat on the scalp. So if you have fine hair then the best way to add volume to your hair is by going for a volumizing haircut. Add a lot of layers to your hair and limit the length of your hair to below your shoulders but not passing over your back. This will make your hair appear bouncier and voluminous. But make sure not to go for very short layers.
Incoming search terms:
- haircut for thin hairs to volumizer (1)