If you’re in Delhi, you know how toxic the state of affairs are here. The Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal himself described the city as a ‘Toxic Gas Chamber’. And we also know that the statement is not an overstatement. Delhi has indeed become a gas chamber. The Diwali celebrations has costed the city a lot more than we have imagined. For Delhi citizens, there are no birds chirping or the sun rising. It is just the thick blanket of smog that describes a typical Delhi morning these days. The pollution levels are severe for survival. And no, it isn’t a joke anymore!
The situation is said to prevail for the next few days. So here are some expert advices how to keep yourself safe amidst the blanket of smog.
1. Check the air quality before stepping out of the house. Certain online applications are available with the Android and Windows smartphone to check the same.
2. Plant more indoor plants to purify the air inside your house. There are certain plants which improve the air quality around them. Spider Plant, Bamboo Palm, Peace Lily, Aloe Vera, Boston Fern, etc. are certain plants you can have in your house.
3. Always wear the N99 mask to protect your respiratory tract from the pollutants.
4. Clean your house on a regular basis to avoid the dust accumulation indoors.
5. Get the air purifier if you can afford it. It will keep your home clean and dust-free.
6. Avoid going for morning and evening walks for few days. Avoid doing Yoga in open or on terrace.
7. Prefer the parks surrounded by dense plantation for performing exercises.
8. If you or any of your family members have severe breathing ailment, then it is advised to stay indoors as much as possible. Use a proper anti-pollution mask in case you need to step out.
Also Read: Cleansing Oils- The New Age Skin Miracle