As bizarre as it may sound to you, but the truth is that activated charcoal can efficiently treat a lot of your skin and hair related dilemmas. Trust me, you will be astounded by the results. Activated charcoal works on this basic principle that it sucks out the toxins from the skin or scalp proving a deep cleansing action and detoxifier. Another plus is that it is not a chemical which comes along with hidden negatives, all it does is remove the toxins. So there are no chances of getting your pores clogged or your hair being weighed down.
Below we have mentioned some of the most amazing uses of activated charcoal for clear skin and beautiful hair.
1. Minimize your pores- Exposure to the external environment can block your skin’s pores eventually leading to open pores and blackheads. When your pores are blocked, your skin looks dull and it often leads to skin related problems such as acne. In this case activated charcoal face packs come really handy. The activated charcoal helps in sucking out the accumulated gunk from the pores deep within and thus making your face appear much more clean and radiant.
2. Take care of oily skin- If you have oily skin, then activated charcoal can really help you in balancing out and controlling the oil secretion. You can either use an activated charcoal cleanser or a mask in order to get rid of the excess oil. You can use this once or twice a week depending on how oily your skin is. But still, don’t overdo it as you still need the natural oils of your skin in order to maintain the proper health of it. Also, if you have extremely dry skin, then do not try it as it can make your skin even worse.
3. Acne treatment- The use of activated charcoal for treating acne depends a lot on the severity of your acne, the underlying causes as well as other factors. In this case, you can use activated charcoal in the form of a scrub, so as to provide a gentle exfoliation to the skin. Along with that, it will also pull out the excess oil and toxins from the skin. If you don’t want to slather it on your entire face, then you can also use it as a spot treatment and use it just on the areas which need attention.
4. Deep cleansing- Why use chemical loaded skin cleansers which only claim to be effective, but causes more harm to the skin than benefitting it? There are enough options of activated charcoal cleansers available in the market from which you can choose the one that suits you. But then you should not use these on a daily basis as you certainly don’t want your skin to get dry and flaky.
5. Treat and heal cuts, bites and skin irritation- Activated charcoal can also be used for treating insect bites or a cut that you may have got while cutting vegetables. It speeds up the healing process while relieving the symptoms. For petty skin ailments such as stings, insect bites, scrapes, cuts and minor infections activated charcoal can be applied topically. When applied as a paste topically helps in absorbing the infection or the venom. It will also reduce the pain and swelling to a great level. All you need to do is mix some water and activated charcoal to make a paste like consistency and apply it on the affected area.
6. Cleanse your hair- It is not just your skin that can benefit from activated charcoal, it is also just as effective in keeping your hair healthy as well. Just as your skin the activated charcoal helps in pulling out the dirt, toxins and oils from your scalp as well. You can either use hair products that contain activated charcoal in them such as shampoos and dry shampoos. If your hair colour is very light, then try to avoid using dry shampoo. If you are not really sure of how the activated charcoal will react with your hair and you don’t want to invest your money in a product that may not end up using, then you can make your own. All you need are activated charcoal capsules. Just break open the capsule and add to your regular shampoo and use it as you normally would. The activated charcoal will help you get rid of all the build-up in your scalp and make it squeaky clean.
7. Add volume to your hair- If you feel that your hair is weighed down and the greasiness is just not ready to subside then you must try activated charcoal. This happens when there is a lot of build-up on your hair and scalp. This problem may arise even when you shampoo your hair on a regular basis because your regular shampoos are not potent enough to get rid of the build-up in your scalp. Another benefit of using activated charcoal is, that it is not going to leave any residue on your scalp and thus your hair will look fuller and voluminous.
8. Treat scalp related conditions- Activated charcoal works really well in treating scalp related ailments such as dandruff, inflamed, itchy and oily scalp. You can either use it as a scalp treatment by itself or you can mix it with your shampoo. The purifying nature will ensure that the toxins are pulled out from deep within your scalp.
Incoming search terms:
- uses of activated charcoal (1)