Almond malai kheer recipe is a very simple and appetizing dessert. This thick creamy rice pudding is prepared with milk, almonds, rice, and saffron. You can also prepare this recipe on any festival as it takes very less time to cook and you can also serve this in both chilled and hot form. So, try out this recipe at home and surprise your family and friends.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for almond malai kheer recipe:
- Sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Basmati rice- 2 tablespoons
- Saffron- few strands
- Condensed milk- 4 tablespoons
- Almonds (blanched)- 2 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder- 1 tablespoon
- Milk- 350 grams
Now, how to make almond malai kheer:
- First, soak the rice in a bowl of water for about 10- 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, take a pan and add milk to it.
- Boil it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add the soaked rice in the milk.
- Stir continuously and let the rice cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the rice becomes soft, add condensed milk to the pan.
- After that, add sugar, almonds and cardamom powder to the pan.
- Again stir all the ingredients.
- Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that, remove the pan from the flame and garnish it with saffron.
- And your almond malai kheer is ready to be served.