In north India, Aloo Tamatar sabzi is one of the popular recipes. You can easily make it at your home. People of Uttar Pradesh call this curry as “aloo jhol”.
You can serve this amazing tomato and potato curry with roti, rice as well as poori. Apart from this, Children also love this aloo tamatar sabzi.
In this article, we will discuss the mouthwatering recipe of aloo tamatar sabzi. Next time when you will be going to make aloo tamatar sabzi, try this amazing recipe at home.
Also read: Quick Recipe: How To Make Dahi Aloo At Home
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Ingredients you need:
Potatoes (washed)- 2
Jeera (cumin seeds)- 1 table spoon
Oil- 1 table spoon
Ginger (grated)- 1 tsp
Green chili powder- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- 4 to 5
Red chili powder- 1 tsp
Jeera Powder- 1 tsp
Water- 3 cups
Rock salt- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4th Tsp
How to make Aloo Tamatar
• Take a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water and then add washed potatoes.
• Wait for 3 whistles and allow it to cook.
• Open the pressure cooker lid and take out the potatoes.
• Peel the potatoes you cook.
• Cut potatoes into small cubes.
• Take tomatoes and great it.
• After doing all this, take a pan and heat, add oil and when oil gets heated, add jeera.
• After this, add ginger and chilies into it.
• Add grated tomatoes with curry leaves into it and mix them well.
• Now, add red chili powder, rock salt, turmeric powder and keep string about 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add a half cup of water into the mixture.
• When water starts boiling add small cubes of potatoes into it.
• After adding potatoes, mash potatoes into the mixture so that your gravy can become thicker.
• Then add a quarter cup of water into the mixture.
• Now leave the mixture to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
• After 2 to 3 minutes, add jeera powder and mix them well.
Your Aloo Tamatar sabzi is ready to serve, serve it with roti and rice.
Incoming search terms:
- how we can increase our height only 2 inches in # months (3)