Your feet are just as important as any other part of your body and thus it is important for you to pay some extra love towards it. Our feet are mostly the most ignored body part when it comes to our beauty regime. The best part is that you don’t really need to spend your money in order to get an enviable pair of feet as we are here to guide you through a step by step at home pedicure which you can do at your all by yourself. So get your tools out and let’s get started.
1. Clean your feet- Before you actually start with the pedicure the first step is to clean your feet. Remove the leftover nail paint with a nail polish remover. Removing glitter nail paints can be a pain as these do not come off easily. One of the best tricks that you can use to remove glitter nail polish is by placing cotton balls soaked in nail polish remover on your nails followed by covering them with aluminium foil. After a few minutes, the nail polish will loosen up and will come off easily.
2. Use warm water to soak your feet- Using water which is too hot can dry out the skin and using cold water will not make any difference at all. Thus, warm water is preferred for soaking your feet. You can also add some essential oil, bath salt or rock salt to this water. If you don’t have any of these you can simply add some lemon juice to the water. Lemon juice works really well in removing dead skin cells while adding shine to your nails. Soak your feet in this warm water for at least 15-20 minutes.
3. Use a foot scrub- Once you have your feet in the warm water, the next step is to scrub off all the dead skin cells from your feet. You can either scrub your feet with a pumice stone or you can also choose from the several options available in the market. Gently scrub off all the dead skin cells from the feet. But never ever use those cheap metal scrubbers to scrub your feet. They are extremely harsh on the skin and can damage your skin.
4. Smoothen out the skin- Now that you have soaked and scrubbed your feet the next step is to smoothen out your feet. After the previous two steps, your feet are going to feel really soft and smooth. Now take out your pedicure tools and remove any hanging cuticles, ingrown toenails, calluses and cracked heels. This is also the perfect time to trim your nails if you need to. But be very careful while trimming your nails as your nails will be really soft at this time, so make sure not to cut off too much of them.
5. Buff your nails- Once you are done cutting your nails take a nail file and buff away any of the harsh edges if any. Again don’t use the cheap metal filers available in the market instead opt for emery board filer or glass filers.
6. Massage your feet with a cream- You can either use a foot cream or if you don’t have a foot cream, you can also use a thick body butter or lotion for the massage. Give your feet a relaxing massage for a few minutes. The next few steps are optional, you may or may not follow them.
7. Before you begin your nail paint application- Before you start with your nail polish application make sure that your feet are clean. For that take a cotton pad dipped in the nail polish remover and swipe all your nails to get rid of any dirt or oil that may have left behind.
8. Apply nail polish- Now that your nails are squeaky clean you can start with your nail polish application. The best trick for professional looking application is to use three strokes on each nail. Start from the centre followed by the sides. You can apply another coat once the first coat is dry. Finish off your nail paint application with a top coat to ensure that your nail paint does not chip or wears off easily. In order to ensure that your nail paint does not get smudged use a toe divider. Once you are done with your nail paint application, soak your feet in ice cold water. This will dry up your nail paint quickly and will reduce the chances of any smudges.
9. Apply cuticle oil- The last step is to apply cuticle oil all over your cuticles. This adds shine to your nails and also add nourishment to them.