Posted on 19 May 2013.
“Damn!! I ‘m so tired”… Are these the words which burst out of your mouth when you are back from office? The situation of other working class people is no different than you. They suffer the same working stress, fear of crossing the deadline, scolding from seniors and other problems. People working in rotational shifts face problems worse than yours.
Now consider the position of housewives. They do every work from waking up the family members to preparing dinner for them. It takes significant labour to be a housewife. They too are tired at the end of the day. Before they can get their mind at rest, they get a new work to do.
Do you know what could be the outcome of these kinds of stress? There can be a lot of outcomes, the worst being chronic fatigue syndrome or simply a fatigue.
Common symptoms of fatigue:
- Longer time taken to finish the simplest tasks.
- Mind going blank frequently
- Loss of ability to enjoy anything.
- Feeling sad very often
- Forgetting things
- Difficult to wake up in the morning
- Frequent joint aches, body weakness and insomnia.
If any of the above is a part of your daily routine, you may be suffering from a fatigue. So it’s better to deal with it rather than allowing it to spoil your health.
Some tips to tackle fatigue:
- Involve yourself into something physical: A healthy mind stays only in a healthy body. Simple physical exercises like bending and stretching will tone your body muscles and avoid frequent pain.
- Work on your passion or hobby: Hobbies or passion may include something recreational like music, art, craft or even something new to you. So give it a try. This will keep your mind active and avoid mental shutdowns.
- Have enough of sleep: You have been working on a computer or phone for a considerably long time. So now it’s time to switch it off and take a nap. Go to bed at an appropriate time so that you get enough hours of sleep time.
- Go on a vacation: A vacation helps your mind and body to recover from work stress. So save your holidays for a long trip.
- Meditation: Meditation is the key to mental relaxation. So do it regularly.
Fatigue is an outcome of physical or mental exertion. It can be controlled only if you give plenty of rest to your mind and body. It does not need medicine except for the case of depression. You just need to take some time out for your hobbies and meditation.
Posted in Women Issues
Posted on 18 May 2013.
Can you believe that despite all the ill-effects of drinking, some forms of alcohol are really healthy? Yes, that’s right!! Wine, being an alcoholic drink is a healthy drink. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should all indulge into drinking habit. Extreme of anything is bad guys!
A recent study by health experts has confirmed that drinking wine occasionally keeps the heart healthy and soothes your nerves. A glass of red wine helps to control the sugar level in the body. Amazing, isn’t it?
All the above mentioned health facts are considered only with small consumptions of wine.
Some healthy aspects of drinking wine:
- Good for the heart: Both red wine and white wine increase the content of good cholesterol in the body. This good cholesterol keeps the heart healthy.
- Improved hormone function: Wine is a very powerful antioxidant. Thus, it enhances the immune system and makes the hormones function properly. It also helps to control the sugar level in blood.
- Anti ageing: Wine contains antioxidants. These antioxidants prevent cell damage caused by free radicals. This delays ageing factors like wrinkles and memory loss. An occasional glass of wine can help you stay younger.
How safe it is to consume wine?
Women can consume 2o ml of wine twice a week. Well, a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, grain and water will provide the same benefits as wine… So my non-drinker friends, you can very well avoid wine.
As for alcohol drinkers, overconsumption of wine may cause you to weight gain, migraine attacks, rise in triglyceride levels and even liver failure in extreme cases.
Wine has its own pros and cons. Just because it’s healthy, you’re not supposed to drink wine heavily and cause damage to your health. It’s just a healthy form of alcohol which should be enjoyed only on certain occasions.
Posted in Beauty & Style
Posted on 17 May 2013.
Sitting idle for too long? Waiting for someone else to answer the phone calls? Giving a very low output in office work? Clearly you’ve become lazy. Laziness is the habit of doing things slowly… That’s nothing to boast about!!!
As a matter of fact, people are not born lazy. If they’re subjected to a situation where everybody around them works slowly, they get slowed down too.
Some possible reasons for laziness:
- Too much of pampering in childhood: Initially parents have to do small jobs for their children like dressing them up, giving them a shower and tying up the shoelaces. If they continue to do all this after a certain age, the kids will never feel like doing their work on their own. This instills laziness in them.
- Physically unfit: Some people are too skinny and weak to work with speed. Such people become lazy as they can’t be active anyway. Not only skinny people, fat and obese people too, find it hard to work faster.
- Surroundings: If office timings are from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and everyone comes at eleven and leaves at four, then obviously you wouldn’t want to come early to work either. Work will continue at a very slow pace and this creates an environment of laziness.
- Job dissatisfaction: There is nothing more disgusting than doing something you don’t like at all, for nine hours a day. In such a situation you get obsessed with your work and do it slowly and end up being lazy.
How to get rid of laziness?
You may have been lazy in the childhood days, but those days are over!!! If you’re serious about your work, then be punctual. Start doing your work yourself rather than relying on others to do it. A healthy mind stays only in a healthy body!!!So give at least half an hour for physical exercise daily. Take up meditation and yoga to keep your body healthy and your mind sharp.
Laziness is not a disease. It’s just a state of mind which slows down your body. You will have to tone your body and regulate your mind to get rid of it.
Posted in Health & Fitness
Posted on 16 May 2013.
Are you a successful working woman? If you are, then you may have faced several hard situations and tolerated many things to reach the level where you are now. Today woman have become equally efficient as men in all the fields.
Be it sports, academics, jobs or entertainment ladies today possess the same caliber as men. In fact, working women are trend-setters in this era. Some women are married, have children and a successful career and still; manage to be good housewives. This is no less than a miracle.
Apart from being so much capable, women happen to be most endangered part of the society. The recent cases of brutal rape of a 16 year old girl and that of a five year old girl proved this fact. These incidents have instilled in them a fear which grips them while they travel late at night.
Old Indian tradition has always preferred males over females. There is no sensible reason for this preference. People always used to say that man is the earning member of the family and women are only supposed to get married early and be a housewife forever.
Traditions have faded away but the most annoying fact is that some people still believe in it. Girls are still considered as a burden in some families. Some parents give more concern to their daughter’s marriage.
Apart from that, the belief in the old tradition also causes the working women to face troubles at the office. They are considered low as compared to men. They are not entrusted with big tasks. They don’t get as frequent promotions as men get.
Does any of this make sense? Women today can work as efficiently as men, why shouldn’t they receive as much appreciation, appraisals and growth as me in the same field?
Steps to curb gender-bias:
- Vacancies for women-specific job should be opened on a large scale. This will reduce the possibility of their competition
- People who insult women in their office in the name of gender-bias should be questioned and punished if possible.
- Women should be appointed at good positions so that they can improve the status of women working at lower positions and protect them from humiliation.
Ladies are a very important part of the society. They must be given the honor and respect which they deserve. Continued practice of gender-bias will only further spoil the name of men… So mind it!
Posted in Women Issues
Posted on 15 May 2013.
You certainly have a big friend circle, don’t you? You have the best times with your friends… Friends are a very important part of your life. There are many problems which you can’t share with anyone except your friends. You get every help you need from your friends… They deserve the same from you.
Depression is a state of mind when you feel low due to some reason. It is a situation which can adversely affect both your mind and your body. If you know how to deal with depression, well and good!! But sometimes your friend may suffer from depression. At this time he needs you.
Your friend may be depressed because of reasons like break-up with girlfriend, work pressure or family problems. It is your duty to get your friend out of depression.
Tasks for you to help your depressed friend:
- Listen patiently: Your friend may be depressed for a useless cause. He may be getting nervous for no reason. But you must endure all this and calmly listen whatever he says.
- Induce positivity: There are a lot of negative thoughts in your friend’s mind. It may be an inferiority complex or any other problem. You have to motivate your friend and instill positive attitude in him.
- Never let go of your friend: You must always be there for your friend come what may. If you leave him alone, it may add to the causes of his depression. It may even increase the level of depression.
- Don’t let anyone insult your friend: Once you have decided to take responsibility for your depressed friend, it’s your duty to protect him or her from abuse. Don’t let anyone hurt your friend physically or verbally.
- Consult a psychiatrist: You can help your depressed friend only till a particular stage. After that he or she may need some medication or psychotherapy. You should consult a psychiatrist when needed.
Depression is one of the worst possible states of mind. It may lead to severe consequences for the victim if not treated quickly. So try to provide maximum support for your friend. This will help him or her recover soon.
Posted in Health & Fitness
Posted on 14 May 2013.
Are you too much conscious of your looks? Obviously you are. That is what makes you take at least an hour to get ready for a party or any other hang out. Your hairstyle is an important part of your appearance. It makes your hair suit your outfit for any occasion. It is one of the important factors which attract people towards you.
You are able to do the common hairstyles yourself. That’s appreciable. But when it comes to funky hairstyles like those for a party, marriage or a cultural program, your hairstyle needs to be fashionable, long-lasting and most importantly should best suit you. If you sport a hairstyle which does not suit you at all, you will become a laughter stock.
A salon is always the best suited option for you to style your hair.
- Hair cut and hair-styling combo: In a normal hair cutting saloon, the barber just cuts your hair. Styling your hair is not a part of his job. You have to do that on your own. The hairstylist at the salon not only cuts your hair in a particular fashion, he or she also styles your hair so that you get the look you want.
- Watch and learn: You may be capable of sporting simple hairstyles. But, for certain extraordinary hairstyles, you have to go to the salon. This is your chance to learn how to style your hair for that look.
- Keeps you relaxed: If you don’t go to salon, you’ll be wasting a lot of time dressing up your hair. A salon saves your time for other work. You can do your work without worrying about hairstyle. This way you can stay calm.
- Perfection at work: No matter how good you are at styling your hair, you can’t be compared with the hair stylists at salon. They work with absolute dedication and perfection to give you the best results. Your hairstyle will last longer .
Apart from all this, the salon depends on you. If you don’t use a salon, the hairstylists can’t earn enough money. As a result they reduce their expenditures. This affects the market where these hairstylists are customers, causing the economy to become weak.
Posted in Hair Care
Posted on 13 May 2013.
You don’t like to miss your favorite TV shows, do you? Neither does anyone else. Television has revolutionized the field of entertainment… Starting from kids to adults everyone has their favorite shows on TV.
Apart from providing this much of entertainment, TV can sometimes have wrong effects on the viewers.
It’s a practice among people to watch dramatic serials like Bade Achhe Lagte Hain and Honge Judaa Naa Hum. These shows may entertain people but they may highlight some issues like pregnancy before marriage, divorce and second marriage which should not come to the attention of kids.
Horror serials like Fear Files are another significant part of TV Industry which are not only terrifying but can also have an adverse effect on the weak-hearted people. If you’re not daring enough to watch it, better not to watch it!
Some cool stuff to watch on TV:
- Movies: Movies give you two to three continuous hours of entertainment with story, direction, songs and acting by various artists. So just change to some movie channel and watch movies of any genre you like, instead of watching dramatic serials.
- Mysteries and thrillers: Mysteries and thrillers, apart from being one of the most entertaining genres in TV shows can make your mind work as you watch them. The suspense in crime mysteries and detective stories in CID type serials keep you focused until you know the truth in the end.
- Comedy serials: Laughter proves to be essentially healthy for the heart as well as the mind. You should watch comedy serials comedy circus and laughter chalange. Such serials relieve the stress and also help to curb depression.
- Reality shows: TV shows like Indian Idol and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa not only give you the joy of listening to the voice of many great singers but also improve your sense of music. It allows you to analyze the singers and find out the best among them.
- News channels: You need to be well-aware of current affairs and latest news. So watch news channels. This way you can improve your general knowledge and communication skills as well.
Television is meant for your entertainment!!! Watch those stuffs which really make some sense!!!
Posted in Occasions
Posted on 12 May 2013.
You obviously want to add a new flavor to your sense of fashion, don’t you? Your desire to keep up with the trend is a never-ending one. Changing your dressing according to the current fashion was a frequent practice until now. Now sunglasses have also become a part of one’s style statement.
Earlier people used sunglasses just to shield their eyes from the rays of the sun. With the course of time, sunglasses had started to become more popular among youngsters. Today there are several brands of sunglasses providing a wide range of designs. From sport-style to aviator-style, sunglasses have become an important part of fashion.
Sunglasses today not only protect your eyes from rays of the sun, they also allow you to state your style with your choice of design.
Some tips for choosing sunglasses:
- Decide what you want sunglasses for: If you’re working somewhere, the design of your sunglasses should be formal –looking. If you’re a sportsman, you can sporty a funky looking design of sunglasses. So decide your purpose of wearing shades.
- Sunglasses are not seasonal anymore: You must know that you’re not wearing shades just for the summer. You should wear shades whenever you are facing a bright sun. So choose a design which suits you in all seasons.
- Find out the extent of UV ray protection: You should know the percentage of UV radiation from the sun which can be avoided by your sunglasses. Choose the one which best shields your eyes from UV rays.
- Make sure your eyes are completely covered: Your shades should fully cover your eyes. This will avoid direct passage of sun’s rays into your eyes.
- Choose appropriate color: If you buy extremely dark colored shades, it may be hard to look through them when sunlight is low.
- Select the best suited style: Don’t choose a particular style of sunglasses just because your friend wears the same. Try various shapes and choose the one which best suits you.
Sunglasses are not just a shield for your eyes anymore. Today they are one of the most important accessories in fashion. So have it and Flaunt your style!
Posted in Beauty & Style
Posted on 11 May 2013.
We all are guilty of making few make-up mistakes every now and then, but do you know dearies there are few blunders that get noticed by men easily and can make you leave a bad first impression. I know you would not want the same, be it with your first BF or with your husband for that matter. So don’t let your guy run away from you after seeing you embracing these blunders (I am going to share now). Look out for the tips that I am going to share with you now and be a fashionista of your own world…
All the best!
We all love smelling good but at the cost of blasting somebody’s smelling sense. Your guy would appreciate you if you smell warm and sexy, but if you have gone too far then I would suggest you to calm down a bit. You just need to spray 3-4 times around your wrist, and knees and you are done to smell good for all day long. Please take notice from now on!
If you have recently heard your guy saying that you have been plastering lot much foundation and powder, then watch out! If you look artificial then your BF is not going to embrace you. Respect the colour that you are and try and enhance it by using right products, don’t exploit the natural beauty by hiding it under some sheer powders! Got it!
So you love playing with artificial lashes, but do you know going too much un-natural about them will land you up in trouble. I am sure, on your first date, you do not want your guy to take you as a spider gal! Or do you? Stay natural and wear them to a certain limit form there they don’t look out of this world!
Are you among those who think that wearing very dark shades of lipsticks are going you to get noticed? Think again! This is just making you look like a clown that has forgot his way to the circus! Try to stick to colours that suit you, ok?
If you have ever made any of the blunders, try and fix them from now! All the best girlie!
Posted in Beauty Tips
Posted on 10 May 2013.
Well, we should not wait for a particular day to thank our mothers to share a wonderful relation with us. The one because of her, we are here on this planet, yet when this is one day specially dedicated to her, we should do our best to make her feel special about her and us, for sure! So this mother’s day, what are your special plans for your angel? Haven’t thought yet? Well, this is high time you begin planning something, and what am I here for? Let me help you by telling you some amazing ideas on how to make her feel that she is the best mum for you.
Check out buddies….
If there is something that she is looking for some time, then you can get her that! It could be anything, be it her wallet, a saree, or may be her new glasses! This will make her feel good that you are responsible enough to help her. Awee!! I am surely going to buy one new pair of slippers for her this time as she wants one, what about you?
- What is her Major Interest?
She might have sacrificed many interest and hobbies just to ensure that she brought you up in the best manner, so this is your time to repay the love. How can you do that? If she used to love knitting or sewing and could not do that for a long time because of being busy with her work, then you can let her spare one day and enjoy that! So, get up and arrange the necessary stuffs!
If your mum is more of a hungama and party lover then you can definitely throw a surprise a party for her. Invite all her friends and make sure she enjoys to the fullest. Arrange all the things, don’t forget a cake, balloons and everything she likes and just see her smiling from heart.
Buy two tickets, for what? Of course for her and your dad so that they both can spend some quality time together that they have not been doing for long because of you, I am sure! So let them enjoy some romantic moments!
So these simple yet loving ideas are sure to won her heart and you never know you might get one amazing surprise return gift as well.
Posted in Occasions