How do you really feel when you need to go to the event & you find a bunch of agonizing red-colored bumps on the face? You simply freak out! You have to take into account many things prior to picking up makeup products for the acne prone skin. Here I am trying to help with some suggestions.
Read On…Makeup for Acne Prone Skin
It is a fact that an acne-prone skin is basically laden with oil and sebum. So, the cosmetics you prefer should be light plus should allow the skin pores to breathe.
- Instead of deep moisturizers, use light especially water-based lotions and serums that are proficient of restoring the balance of moisture without letting it dry.
- The face cream plus the soft moisturizer you are choosing must be free from isopropyl myristate and lanolin
- Try to use a sunscreen which is non-greasy with SPF 30 that contains titanium oxide.
- You can also go for a liquid makeup or mineral makeup containing all natural botanical extracts, zinc oxide and titanium oxide with anti-bacterial properties.
- The foundation that you select should be non-comedogenic (means the foundation that doesn’t clog pores).
- Plus choose a cleanser specifically formulated for acne consisting benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid that is talented enough for controlling acne.
- You shouldn’t apply cosmetics with bismuth oxychloride and dimethicone as they clog the pores of your skin.
- Always stay away from products with alcohol as they dry your skin & boost production of oil and sebum on your skin.
- You should never use exfoliators, astringents, toners and masks containing alcohol on acne.
- You can also use a mild non-abrasive cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide on the skin.
- Tea tree oil, Kaolin, lavender oil and also rose water are very soothing on acne.
Now Learn Best Makeup for Acne Prone Skin- Few Guidelines
Now that you’ve got an idea concerning the right kind of makeup products for acne breakouts, you can try to cover up the acne and gift yourself a flawless appearance.
- Clean your face with a gentle cleanser (non-comedogenic). Thoroughly rinse with Luke-warm water after that splash cool water on the face. Dry with a soft towel. This will help you to seal the pores.
- Now put some rose water or a mild non alcoholic toner on the neck and face with a soft cotton. This removes all the traces of dirt if left over on the skin after cleaning.
- Use oil-free or water based moisturizer on the face to avoid the oily look. You can also mix a few drops of tea tree oil or lavender oil with the moisturizer to soothe the skin.
- Gently apply a non-greasy or oil-free concealer on the pimples, acne and spots. The color of the concealer should go with your skin tone.
- Dab the desired amount of foundation on the palm and using your finger evenly apply all over the face with sweeping motions and delicate sliding. The foundation should be either water based oil free, matte or transparent. You can even mix some powder with the foundation for giving a perfect coverage to the acne-breakouts.
- Try to use a clean makeup brush to gently apply the blusher on the cheeks. Use only mild or oil free blusher.
- Dab either compact or loose powder on your face for a better finish. This finally gives you an oil free, neat and smooth look.
These are concrete guide to the perfect makeup for acne-prone skin. Beside these, you must also care for the skin to avoid acne. You can even use a tinted moisturizer in it for the base make-up instead of foundation. Make sure that you have eliminated the make-up just before going to bed.