Beautiful skin is a fragile gift, you need to protect it from the daily damage and pamper it with loving care to be able to adore it till eternity. Skin care begins from inside out, you don’t have to force your beauty, but enhance it with a sensible skin care regime. At every age, your skin needs a unique proactive approach. What works best for your skin in your 20s may not suffice for your skin in your 40s. Read on to discover the best care your skin deserves at your age.
In Your Twenties
Your skin, in early twenties is at its peak of vitality, gleaming with an inner light. For that phase of your life when your skin is naturally beautiful, now all you need is to protect and repair it from visible damage.
- Adopt a cleansing routine that takes off all the dirt and makeup efficiently, but does not sap the essential oils from your skin. Dead skin cells when accumulated on your skin may make your complexion appear dull and boring; it’s time to start exfoliating your skin once or twice a week with a mild exfoliating mask for a lighter brighter skin.
- A day moisturizer enriched with antioxidants will help retain your skin’s juvenility for a long time. Bed time skin care requires you to lavishly apply a hydrating night cream packed with ample nutrients to repair your skin while you rest.
- The sun’s harmful radiation damages the skin’s ability to repair itself; hence, prevention is the key factor to maintain a fabulous skin. Slather sunscreen on your face and neck daily.
In Your Thirties
Being in your thirties is not much different than being in your twenties, except that your skin needs a little extra care. With age, our skin grows old and changes in texture and quality. The glow on your skin is not the same, and some signs of aging begin to show on your lovely face. Your skin now needs collagen regenerative care.
- Lack of hydration at this stage, affects your skin’s natural exfoliation process and thus makes your complexion dull and boring. The products containing hyaluronic acid (HA) spheres or alpha hydroxyl acids are great for your skin. They help to swell lines as well as trap moisture.
- You must be using an effective sun block by this time, and if not, then you should begin it as early as possible. Another great option is to include those products in your make up that offer sun protection.
In your Forties
Thinning skin, fine lines and deep wrinkles, at forty your skin has to suffer a lot and you need to hydrate and plump it for a healthy clear skin.
- Use a creamy cleanser twice a day to keep your skin clean, clear and hydrated always.
- Switch to heavy peptide based moisturizers that stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles are good for you.
- Intense moisturizing night creams with retinols work wonders for you at this age for skin cell renewal.
Fifties and onwards
Thinking of retiring from skin care? Dare not; menopause affects your skin terribly, making it drier and thinner with diminishing elasticity and firmness.
- Your daily moisturizer must include intense hydrating skin essential ingredients like glycerin or ceramides. Facial oils are wonderful for aging skin.
- Green tea with its amazing anti aging properties will offer incredible results for your skin.
For a supple skin stock up foods that are rich in anti oxidants. Drink plenty of water and don’t skip your beauty sleep.
Whether you are a girl in your early twenties or a woman in late forties, remember there is no predefined time to begin caring for your skin, the earlier the better, but it is never late. Start today for a better, beautiful tomorrow!