Bread masala dosa is an amazing breakfast recipe to prepare especially if you have leftover bread lying in the refrigerator. But before transforming your stale bread into dosa, make sure that the bread you are going to use has not gone bad and is still useable. Here is a step by step recipe of the bread masala dosa.
Also Read: Crispy Bread Dosa Recipe
- Bread slices- 10 (edges removed)
- Semolina/rava- ½ cup
- Curd- ½ cup
- Rice flour- 1 ½ tsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- For the stuffing:
- Potato- 2-3 (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds/jeera- ¼ tsp.
- Mustard seeds- 3-4 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp.
- Urad dal- ½ tsp.
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 5-6 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Soak the bread slices in water for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the semolina, rice flour, salt and water to make a thin batter.
- Remove the bread slices from the water and squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slices.
- Now transfer the semolina batter, curd as well as the water soaked bread slices to a grinder and grind them to make a uniform batter. Make sure there are no lumps in it.
- Pour out the dosa batter in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a small pan heat some oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, urad dal, green chilies and curry leaves to it. Sauté everything for a few seconds and then add the boiled peeled and mashed potatoes to the tempering.
- Heat a dosa tawa and put some oil on it. With a kitchen paper towel wipe off the oil.
- Put a ladle full of batter on the centre of the tawa and spread it with the back of the ladle in a circular motion (as you do with a normal dosa).
- Apply a tiny bit of oil on the dosa so that it gets cooked nicely from one side. It may take around two minutes for the dosa to get from one side (on a medium flame).
- When the dosa is cooked from one side, gently remove the edges and flip the dosa. Cook it from this side as well.
- Serve the dosa hot with potato mash, coconut chutney and sambar.
Also Read: Delicious Sambhar Recipe