Another fonded name given by Indians is ‘Scotland of India’, and ‘Kashmir of South’. Coorg is a honeymoon destination of south India. Where the blissful views of water fall and cool temperature will give you a very delight feeling.
Major Tourist Attractions
- Chelavara Falls– Beautiful Waterfall, with delightful views.
- Abbey falls– The biggest attraction of tourists, along with the lovely views of cardamom & coffee plantations.
- Nagarahole – Wild Life Sanctuary which flows through the park. The park and animal life is part of the country’s first “bio-sphere reserve”.
- St Anne’s Church, Virajpet
- Madikeri– Madikeri is the capital of the Kodagu also known as Coorg. This place is known as the “Scotland of India”. Millions of tourists come to this place to visit coffee plantations, lush green forests, misty hills and some breath taking views of other areas.
Where to Stay
- Orange Country Resort
- Amanvana Spa Resort
- Coorg Evergreen Country
- Heritage Resorts
- Vivanta By Taj
- The Tamara
- Windflower Resort
- Kadkani Resort
- Porcupine Castle
- Trekking: Coorg is one of the best choices for the trekkers. Tourists can travel around the Coorg, enjoying the amazing natural beauty in the monsoon season.
- Hiking & Rock Climbing
- Boating or Fishing in Honnamana Kere Lake
- Barapole Rafting
- Ayurveda massage & treatments
- Spa services
Where to Eat
- Coffee Cup
- Taste of Coorg
- Raintree Restaurant
- Shree Krishna Bhavan
- The Falls at the Tamara Coorg
- Caravan- The Multi Cuisine Restaurant
- Silver Sky
- The Fort Mercara
- Shanthi Bites
Best time to Visit Coorg
Coorg is best visited throughout the year(except in the monsoon months June-September).
Some brownie points/tips……
- If you are visiting Coorg in wet weather seasons, beware of leeches especially while walking through wet grass and in bathrooms/toilets.
- Wild animals are reported on some roads at night, and domesticated herds by day too.