Variety is the spice of life and thus it is always a good thing to have lots of variety when it comes to food. Today I am going to share with you a new and exciting recipe which is of the bread dosa. Now there are a lot of different types of dosas that are traditionally served in the southern states of India. But this one over here is not your typical one as it is made from semolina, rice flour and bread. It tastes very different from the dosa that we are used to eating, but the taste is still amazing. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with the recipe quickly.
Also Read: Neer Dosa Recipe
- Bread slices- 10 (edges removed)
- Semolina/rava- ½ cup
- Curd- ½ cup
- Rice flour- 1 ½ tsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- For the tempering:
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds/jeera- ¼ tsp.
- Mustard seeds- 3-4 tbsp.
- Urad dal- ½ tsp.
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 5-6 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Soak the bread slices in water for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the semolina, rice flour, salt and water to make a thin batter.
- Remove the bread slices from the water and squeeze out all the excess water from the bread slices.
- Now transfer the semolina batter, curd as well as the water soaked bread slices to a grinder and grind them to make a uniform batter. Make sure there are no lumps in it.
- Pour out the dosa batter in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a small pan heat some oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, urad dal, green chilies and curry leaves to it. Sauté everything for a few seconds and then add the tempering to the dosa batter and mix it really well.
- Heat a dosa tawa and put some oil on it. With a kitchen paper towel wipe off the oil.
- Put a ladle full of batter on the centre of the tawa and spread it with the back of the ladle in a circular motion (as you do with a normal dosa).
- Apply a tiny bit of oil on the dosa so that it gets cooked nicely from one side. It may take around two minutes for the dosa to get from one side (on a medium flame).
- When the dosa is cooked from one side, gently remove the edges and flip the dosa. Cook it from this side as well.
- Serve the dosa hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Also Read: Delicious Sambhar Recipe