A hilly area and greenery all over, Darjeeling is a small town in the state of West Bengal. This place draws its root from the British era as it was the summer resort of Victorian elite. You will get lured by the dazzling snow peaks and couldn’t stop admiring the beautiful tea garden.
Major Tourist Attractions
The amazingly beautiful green land have the mesmerizing quality to make any body fall for the city. There are a hand full of locations which offers heavenly pleasing views. Take a look over them.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(HMI)– The mountaineering institute is a fond place to visit. If you are interested to know about the climbing process then it’s a must visit place for you.
- Himalayan Zoo– It has a good collection of animals found in the Himalayan region. Animals seem to be treated well (particularly by developing country standards), but some of the big cats don’t look very happy in their small-ish cages.
- Buddhist monasteries
- Japanese Peace Pagoda– Another peaceful place to visit. Which will leave you with the coll composed feeling.
- Tiger Hill– Ideal to visit early morning when the first rays of the sun kiss the Mt. Kanchenjunga and give it a golden color. If you actually wanna see how beautiful a sun is then you must go and visit this spot.
P.S Don’t be late, be there at 4o’clock (4am) non of the nature beauty is affordable to be missed.
- Observatory Hill– This one is the oldest site in Darjeeling.“Makal-Babu-Ko-Thaan” (the local name of the spot) has many stories behind, according to the local people as they say, that a Red Hat Buddhist Monastery stood at this very spot.
- Rock Garden– Its a beautiful place with a small waterfall. This place has got varities of flowers landscaped in the rocks. Females can also get dressed in the local dress and take pictures.
- Nightingale Park/Srubbery Park– A beautiful green destination. Pretty good cultural events is conducted in th evening. A grand statue of Lord Shiva is the major attraction of the park.
- Ropeway/Cable car– Ropeway cabel car is another must explored destination served by Darjeeling.
Where to stay
Those pretty views from the full size window of those amazingly beautified resorts and hotels is fabulous. Take a look over the following.
Best Hotels/ Resorts in Darjeeling
- Mayfair Darjeeling
- Hotel Sinclairs
- Windamere Hotel
- Amigos Homestay
- Bellevue Hotel
- Hotel Fairmont
- Gymkhana Resort
- Hotel Seven Seventeen
- Pahari Soul
- Hotel Dekeling
- Shruberry Health Club
A fit and fresh start to the morning. Although people do not often take is as in the must do’s adventure list as yet it is one of them. Alluring views ODF the hill top and fresh dawning sun. Simply soothing location it is.
- Singalila National Park
Another trekking destination.
- Mountain Biking
Mountain biking is an adventure and the best way to explore the beauty of any mountain or hilly area. This is the best way to explore the natural beauty of the Darjeeling. Darjeeling has many exciting tracks for the motor biking.
- Walk along trails northeast of the center
Walking down the path one will encounter houses, great scenery.
Where to Eat/Drink
The fresh green flavors of Darjeeling is delicious platter of food and drinks. Taste them to make your taste buds alive.
- Glenary’s Bakery and Cafe
- Hot Stimulating Cafe
- Hotel Lunar
- Roly Poly Pudding (Windamere Hotel)
- Hotel Lunar, (Near the clock tower and the Dekeling Hotel)
- Hotel Chanakya
- The Park
- Kanika’s (Veggie Lovers)
- Golden Tips Tea Cosy
- Nathmull’s Tea Cosy
- Boney’s Snack Bar
- Cake Lady
- Boney’s Snack Bar
- Food stands south of Chowrasta.
- A Tibetan family-run joint
- Kalden Cafe
- The Chinese Sausage place
- Mohan daju’s
Sip With Your Cup (Drinks)
- Tea. Darjeeling tea is world renowned after all. Also called the ‘Champagne of Teas’.
- Joey’s Pub
- Kho Cha, Laden La Road
- Happy Valley Tea Estate
- Chogyalzzz restaurant
Best time to visit Darjeeling
Many tourist prefer to visit this place during autum (October and November) and spring, when the skies are dry and temperature is pleasant. If you are planning to visit this place in winters (December- Februaury) carry extra jackets since, winters are cold here. It is best avoided in the rainy months (June-September)
Some brownie points/tips……
- Take woolens, as it might be cold there, and weather at hilly are never certain.
- Always be available with extra cash. You might be willing to buy different tea flavors.
- A good grocery shopping can be done here.
Incoming search terms:
- beautification of darjiling (1)
- visiting places of darjeeling (1)