Kathi roll recipe is a very popular snack originated from Kolkata. This delicious street food is the best option for all the officer-goers and street food lovers. This snack is very easy-to-make and is loaded with various flavors and veggies which makes it tastes amazing. So, try this easy recipe at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed for kathi roll recipe:
• Wheat flour- 1/2 cup
• Potato- 1/2 kg
• Capsicum- 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Tomato- 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Mustard oil- 1/2 tablespoon
• Cumin- 1/4th teaspoon
• Asafoetida- 1 pinch
• Onion- 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
• Garlic paste- 1/4th teaspoon
• Garam masala powder- 1/4th teaspoon
• Coriander powder- 1/4th teaspoon
• Red chilli powder- as per requirement
• Turmeric- 1 pinch
• Salt- as per requirement
• Coriander leaves (chopped)- 2 tablespoons
• Water- as per requirement
• Green chutney-1/2 cup
Now, how to prepare Kathi roll:
• For preparing this delicious snack, first, knead the dough by mixing wheat flour with salt and water.
• After that keep the dough aside by covering it with a damp cotton cloth.
• Now, take a pressure cooker and put it on high flame.
• Then, add water to it.
• Add potatoes to the cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
• Once the potatoes are cooked, open the lid.
• Take out the potatoes from the cooker and peel.
• Now, mash the potatoes by using a masher.
• Then, place the non-stick pan on medium flame.
• Add some oil to the pan and heat it.
• After that add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to the pan.
• Once it starts to crackle add a pinch of asafoetida with salt.
• Saute them for few seconds and then add onions.
• Cook the onions till they turn pink in color.
• Now, add garlic paste to the pan and saute for a minute.
• Then, add tomato and capsicum to the pan.
• Mix all the ingredients properly and cook for 2 minutes.
• After that add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and garam masala.
• Toss the pan slightly so that the spices mix well with the vegetables.
• Now, let the veggies cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Then, cover the pan with the lid and again cook the veggies for 5 minutes.
• Make sure you turn the flame on low.
• In the meantime, unwrap the dough and divide it into 2 to 3 equal parts.
• Make balls of each and roll them into a chapati.
• Now, place the tawa on medium flame.
• Once it gets hot, transfer the chapati to it.
• Cook the chapati till it turns golden brown from both sides.
• Repeat the same with the remaining chapatis.
• By this time your veggies will be done.
• Turn off the flame and keep the veggies aside.
• Now, take a chapati and apply a teaspoon of green chutney to it.
• Then, add an adequate amount of veggies in the middle of the chapati.
• After that add the thinly sliced onions and chopped coriander leaves on the top.
• Wrap the chapati to form a nice roll.
• And you Kathi roll is ready to be served.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make more hight in a boy (3)