Winter is without a doubt the most enjoyable and loved season out of all the seasons. But like everything, this too comes with both pros and cons. One of the biggest cons of the winter season is dry and flaky skin and if you have extremally dry skin like me then creams and lotions are just not enough to get your skin hydrated and soft. Along with the hydration, it is important to get rid of the dead dry skin sitting on top of your skin. For that, you need a good quality scrub which is abrasive enough to get rid of the dead skin cells and moisturizing enough to replenish the lost moisture of the skin.
I could not find scrub with these qualities in the market and thus I decided to whip up my own scrub at home. This one is an all-natural winter body scrub which will get you smooth, velvety skin in just a few weeks. Here is the recipe for the same.
- • Sugar
- • Cocoa powder
- • Coconut oil
- • Avocado oil
- • Lavender essential oil
Also Read: How To Get Glowing Skin At Home Quickly
- For this scrub recipe, you can either use granulated sugar or you can also use castor sugar for the same. I personally prefer castor sugar since I think the finer particles work best for getting rid of dry skin.
- Take 1 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. of good quality cocoa powder to it and mix thoroughly.
- Add 4 tbsp. coconut oil to the sugar and cocoa powder mixture. You can also use olive oil or almond oil if you want to.
- Now add 2 tbsp. of avocado oil and mix well.
- Now add a few drops of lavender essential oil and mix it one last time. You can also use your favourite essential oil instead of lavender essential oil.
- Transfer the winter sugar scrub to an airtight jar and store it in your bathroom.
Also Read: 5 Simple Tips For Glowing Skin
How to use?
When in the shower, take sufficient amount of scrub and massage your body with it. Leave it on your body for 7-10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Make sure not to use it on your dry skin. always dampen your skin with warm water before using the scrub. To get satisfactory results use this scrub at least twice a week. This scrub is only meant to be used on your body and never on your face. The ingredients of this scrub might be too harsh for the sensitive skin of your face.
Also Read: Natural Face Sprays Recipes For Glowing Skin