You certainly have a big friend circle, don’t you? You have the best times with your friends… Friends are a very important part of your life. There are many problems which you can’t share with anyone except your friends. You get every help you need from your friends… They deserve the same from you.
Depression isa state of mind when you feel low due to some reason. It is a situation which can adversely affect both your mind and your body. If you know how to deal with depression, well and good!! But sometimes your friend may suffer from depression. At this time he needs you.
Your friend may be depressed because of reasons like break-up with girlfriend, work pressure or family problems. It is your duty to get your friend out of depression.
Tasks for you to help your depressed friend:
- Listen patiently: Your friend may be depressed for a useless cause. He may be getting nervous for no reason. But you must endure all this and calmly listen whatever he says.
- Induce positivity: There are a lot of negative thoughts in your friend’s mind. It may be an inferiority complex or any other problem. You have to motivate your friend and instill positive attitude in him.
- Never let go of your friend: You must always be there for your friend come what may. If you leave him alone, it may add to the causes of his depression. It may even increase the level of depression.
- Don’t let anyone insult your friend: Once you have decided to take responsibility for your depressed friend, it’s your duty to protect him or her from abuse. Don’t let anyone hurt your friend physically or verbally.
- Consult a psychiatrist: You can help your depressed friend only till a particular stage. After that he or she may need some medication or psychotherapy. You should consult a psychiatrist when needed.
Depression is one of the worst possible states of mind. It may lead to severe consequences for the victim if not treated quickly. So try to provide maximum support for your friend. This will help him or her recover soon.
Image Sources — 1