Benefits of using olive oil in your shower gel
Olive oil is an amazing natural moisturizer and hence is great for nourishing dry and flaky skin. The antioxidants and the vitamins present in the olive oil protect the skin from sun damage and also act as a shield against skin aging. Though the homemade shower gel may lack the mesmerizing aroma that makes store bought shower gels so wonderful, but the benefits of this homemade shower gel are undeniable. Apart from this, since you’re going to make this shower gel at home you know that there are no added preservatives or chemicals in it, making it perfectly safe to use for even the most sensitive skin.
How To Make Olive Oil Shower Gel:
Things you will need:
1. Raw honey- Apart from the amazing taste honey is also a great moisturizing agent which is extremely hydrating for the skin. Honey also has antibacterial properties which protect the skin from various skin infections. For this recipe, it is important that you use raw honey so as to get the maximum benefits.
2. Olive oil- Use a good quality virgin olive oil for best results.
3. Liquid castile soap- This will add cleansing properties to the end product.
4. Some essential oil- You can choose the one that suits your fancy. If you are looking for antibacterial properties go for rosemary and peppermint oil and if you are looking for a more calming effect then opt for lavender oil. Adding essential oils will add a nice aroma to the shower gel. Though make sure to add only a few drops as essential oils are highly concentrated.
- Take a glass bowl and add ¼ cup of honey, 1/3 cup of olive oil and ½ cup of Castile liquid soap to it. Mix all the ingredients well with a whisk until combined. To this mixture add few drops of your preferred essential oil and give it a last mix. Transfer your homemade shower gel to an empty jar and there you have it, your homemade olive oil shower gel.
If you are looking for a 100% natural recipe then this one is perfect for you. This particular recipe has no soap in it. Though this on is more like a body scrub than a body wash.
- Organic virgin olive oil
- Castor sugar
- Essential oil of your choice
- Lemon juice
Start by adding ½ cup of olive oil, ¼ cup castor sugar and a 2 tbsp. of lemon juice in a bowl. Mix it well. Lastly, add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to this and combine well. Store your olive oil body scrub in an airtight jar and use it twice a week to scrub off dead skin cells of your skin.
Incoming search terms:
- image of olivoil (1)