Indian love to follow age-old recipes, for more flavors and traditions to keep alive. One of which includes cooking food on iron tawa (flat pan), which is not only healthy but gives you a lip-smacking taste as well.
Tawa mushroom is one of many Mughlai dishes that we Indians love to eat and is super-easy to prepare. Great to serve around in those little family get togethers or family dinners, especially loved by the vegetarians!
Follow the guidelines properly to get the true taste of this Mughlai dish, which tastes great with butter naan or roomali roti.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
• 250 grams of Fresh Mushrooms, diced in cubes
• ½ teaspoon of Garlic Paste
• 1 ½ teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
• 12 Cashews
• 1 ½ tablespoons of Plain Yogurt (Curd)
• 4 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
• ½ cup of Water
• 2 ½ medium-sized Onions, thinly sliced
• ½ teaspoon of Ginger Paste
• 6 Almonds
• ½ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
• 1 ½ teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder
• Salt as per the requirement
• Fresh Green Coriander Leaves for garnishing
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. First, take water in a bowl and soak poppy seeds, almonds & cashews in it for about 8-10 minutes.
2. Now take a saucepan and pour oil in it. Put it on medium flame and let the oil heat.
3. Then, add sliced onions and sauté them until they turn crispy and golden brown.
4. Now take them out on a paper towel to soak the excess oil from them, and set aside to cool for a while.
5. Next, take a blender and put fried onions, soaked almonds, cashews and poppy seeds in it and blend together to form a thick paste. Set aside.
6. Now comes the main part, put a large tawa on medium flame and pour a little oil in it.
7. Add ginger and garlic paste into the heated oil, and stir-fry for a few seconds.
8. Then, add the onion-cashew paste and keep stirring well to avoid sticking it to the base.
9. Now add curd, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt, and sauté everything well for a few seconds.
10. Finally, add the diced mushrooms and mix well. cook the mushrooms until they turn light brown.
11. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with butter naan or roomali roti.
Incoming search terms:
- yummy tummy mushroom masala (1)