Winter is the season of chapped lips. But this story can be changed by taking proper care of your skin in this chilly weather. The synthetic lip balms available in the market are good, but they are not competent enough to heal the badly chapped lips. For such a chapping, you need some extra care and pampering. Today, at Khoobsurati, we’re going to tell you a secret recipe to prepare lip balm at home. You can prepare this heavily-moisturizing lip balm with the simple ingredients mentioned here. Start taking notes.
- 2 tsp Beeswax pastilles
- 2 tsp coconut oil (you can also use almond oil, macadamia oil, etc.)
- 1 1/8th tsp cocoa butter
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15-20 drops peppermint oil
- 3 vitamin E capsules
- For making this lip balm, you’ll be needing:
- 1 measuring cup
- A shallow pan with some water
- A chopstick for stirring
- Lip balm pot (you can get these lip balm pots online at affordable prices)
How to Make the Lip Balm?
- Measure the ingredients and keep them aside.
- Keep the cup in the pan filled with an inch level of water. Keep the pan on medium heat.
- When the cup is warmed, add the beeswax and wait till it melts.
- Add all the ingredients except the vitamin E capsule in the molten beeswax.
- Stir the ingredients using the chopstick till the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Remove the cup from the hot water. Add the vitamin E capsule. Mix it well.
- Before the mixture gets cool, pour the liquid in the empty lip balm pots. Allow the liquid to cool down.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- This way you can prepare your lip scrub as well. Just add the sugar while the mixture is still hot. Let it cool down.
- Swipe the lip balm gently on your lips. Say goodbye to chapped lips!
You can prepare your coloured lip balms by using the lipstick’s pigment in the mixture.