Baby potato masala is one such recipe which has it all in just one dish. It is spicy, it is sweet, it is creamy and salty. You can get the dash of every flavour on your tongue while you eat this dish. It is very simple to prepare this recipe. No special ingredients are needed to make this dish. Let’s learn how to prepare this dish in this simple recipe.
Also Read: Potato Curry Recipe (South Indian Style)
For boiling potatoes:
- 1-litre water
- Baby potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
For Making Gravy:
- 4 tsp refined oil
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves chopped
- 6 sprigs mint leaves chopped
- 3 green chillies slit vertically
- 3 medium sized onions chopped
- 3 tomatoes halved
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1-inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp. red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves chopped
How to Prepare Baby Potato Masala?
- Boil the baby potatoes in a pressure cooker. Add some salt to season the potatoes well.
- Cook for 2 whistles and then turn the heat off. Wait for the pressure from the cooker to release.
- Open the cooker and drain the hot water. Add cold water for easy peeling. Peel the baby potatoes and keep them aside.
- Chop the onions, mint leaves and curry leaves.
- Heat some refined oil in a pan. Add the whole spices like bay leaf, cardamom, cloves. Add the cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add the onions to it.
- Add curry leaves and mint leaves. Add the slit green chillies.
- Cook the onions till it gets brown and roasted. The onions will reduce half to its volume.
- Grind the tomatoes, garlic pods and ginger in a grinder. Make a smooth paste.
- Add the tomato mixture to the roasted onion mixture. Add salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder and turmeric powder. Cook the mixture till the water is completely evaporated.
- Add some milk and simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and boiled baby potatoes.
- Cook it for a while.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve it hot with roti, naan or rice.
Also Read: Yummy Potato Frittata Recipe