This is a very delicious recipe that you can prepare at home during festivals and vrat. Badam halwa is made with blanched almonds which are further cooked with milk which makes it more appetizing. Try this recipe at home this Janmashtami and treat your loved ones.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Badam Halwa.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients needed for Badam Halwa:
• Ghee- 1/2 cup
• Milk- 1/2 cup
• Almonds- 250 grams (soaked and peeled)
• Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
• Green cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
• Saffron- 1/4th teaspoon
Now, how to make Badam Halwa:
• First, take a grinder jar and add peeled almonds to it.
• Grind it till it converts into a paste.
• After that add 2 teaspoons of milk to the paste to get a thick consistency.
• Now, in a deep bottomed pan add ghee and heat it.
• Then, add almond paste to the pan and stir.
• Cook it till it gets golden brown in colour.
• After that add the remaining milk with sugar to the pan.
• Stir it well and cook for 10 minutes.
• Now, remove the pan from the flame.
• Then, garnish it with cardamom powder and saffron.
• Your yummy Badam Halwa is ready to be served.
Try this delicious and easy recipe of Badam Halwa at home this Janmashtami.