Dahi Aloo is a very simple and easy vrat recipe which is mostly prepared in North India. This recipe is made with curd, boiled potatoes which give it a creamy texture. You can serve this dish with rice and chapati. It is a very quick recipe that you can easily prepare at home in less time.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Dahi Aloo.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for Dahi Aloo:
• Curd- 3 tablespoons
• Ghee- 1 tablespoon
• Potatoes- 2
• Water- 2 1/2 cups
• Rock salt (sendha salt)- 1 teaspoon
• Carom seeds (Ajwain)- 1 teaspoon
• Cumin seeds (Jeera)- 1 teaspoon
• Peanuts (roasted, crushed)- 4 teaspoons
• Green chillies (chopped)- 1 teaspoon
• Ginger (grated)- 1 teaspoon
• Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
• Coriander leaves (chopped)- for garnish
• Jeera powder- 1 teaspoon
Now, how to make Dahi Aloo at home:
• First, take a cooker and pour 2 cups of water in it.
• Add the washed potatoes in the cooker and cook up to 3 whistles.
• In the meantime, take a pan and heat the ghee.
• Now, add cumin seeds, carom seeds with ginger.
• Sauté them for a while.
• Then, add peanuts and green chillies to the pan and stir.
• After few minutes add red chilli powder and curd to the pan.
• Mix all the ingredients well.
• After two minutes, add water and cumin powder to the pan and cook on low flame.
• Now, open the pressure cooker and peel the potatoes.
• Then, cut the potatoes into cubes.
• Add the potatoes to the pan.
• Mash them a bit and add rock salt
• Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
• Once cooked garnish it with coriander leaves.
• Your Dahi Aloo is ready to be served.