Khas Khas aloo is a very simple and easy Navratri recipe which is very famous in North India. This dish goes well with the kuttu ki roti. This dish is very nutritious and delicious that one can prepare during fasts.
So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients needed for khas khas aloo:
• Potato- 1 kg
• Poppy seeds- 6 tablespoons
• Coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons
• Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
• Refined oil- 2 tablespoons
• Curry leaves- as per requirement
• Sendha namak- as per requirements
• Lemon juice- 4 tablespoons
• Green chillies- 4 chopped
• Water- 1 cup
Now, how to make khas khas aloo:
• First, in a bowl soak poppy seeds for 4 hours.
• After that strain them and grind into a paste.
• Now, take a pan and heat oil.
• Then, add curry leaves and cook for few minutes.
• After that add chopped potatoes till they turn golden brown.
• Add khas khas to the pan and sauté for a while.
• Now, add red chilli powder, sendha namak, green chillies with water.
• Then, mix all the ingredients well and cook.
• Don’t forget to cover the lid and let it cook on high flame.
• Once they are cooked properly turn off the flame.
• Transfer it to the bowl.
• Add lemon juice and coriander leaves on the top.
• Your khas khas aloo is ready to be served.