Methi Paneer is a very simple and healthy recipe that one can prepare at home. This recipe has a very rich flavor of cashew, milk, and methi. And the best part it is very less time consuming and it is a simple dish that you can prepare instead of regular matar paneer and palak paneer.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Methi Paneer.
Ingredients needed for Methi Paneer:
• Butter- 2 tablespoons
• Oil- 3 tablespoons
• Cashews- handful
• Milk- 3/4th cup
• Salt- as per requirement
• Pepper- 1 tablespoon
• Mixed herbs- 1 tablespoon
• Wheat flour- 3 tablespoons
• Kasoori methi (crushed)- 2 handfuls
• Garlic (crushed and grated)- 2
• Paneer- 375 grams
• Water- as per requirement
Also read: Quick Recipe: How To Make Paneer Tandoori
Now, how to prepare Methi Paneer.
• First, add cashews in a mixer and make a thin paste.
• Now, take a pan and add oil to it.
• Then, add butter cubes when oil is warm.
• Add the grated garlic and let it cook for 30 seconds.
• After that add wheat flour to the pan and cook it for a minute.
• Now, add a half cup of water to the flour with cashew paste.
• Then, stir it for a while and add milk and cook till it boils.
• Once the milk is boiled add kasoori methi to the pan.
• Mix all the ingredients again and cook it.
• If the gravy seems hard then keep adding little water and milk.
• Now, add pepper, salt and mixed herbs to the gravy.
• Then, bring it to a boil.
• Add the paneer pieces into the gravy and let it cook for few minutes.
• Transfer the dish to a bowl.
• And your Methi Paneer is ready to be served.