A lot of women who shave on a regular basis are very much aware of the phenomena which follows it and that is a razor burn. Razor burn looks like an irritated skin accompanied by bumpy skin, itchiness and burning sensation. It may cause a lot of discomfort and inconvenience as well. But thankfully there are several home remedies which can help you to get rid of the discomfort very soon. Here are some of the best remedies to try.
Also Read: Shaving or Waxing: What you should go for?
1. Cold Compress- One of the best and the easiest way to get rid of razor burn is to use a cold compress on the affected area. It reduces the inflammation and calms down the skin. the itchiness and the redness is also reduced.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap it in a cotton cloth or towel. Apply the compress on the affected area for a few minutes.
- You can also dip the towel in ice cold water and then apply it on the affected area.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar- ACV is a great remedy to get rid of razor burns. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the redness as well as the itchiness.
- Use a cotton ball in the AVC and dab it on the affected area.
- Let the area to dry and then rinse it with water.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day in order to get quick relief.
Also Read: 6 Waxing Tricks You Need To Know Right Now
3. Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is known for its soothing and calming properties. Hence it is the perfect remedy for treating the razor burn.
- For this treatment it would be better if you could use fresh aloe vera gel.
- Take the leaf of aloe vera and peel it with a sharp knife.
- Apply the gel directly onto the affected area and leave it to dry.
- Once dry, rinse it with water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 a day for faster relief.
4. Cucumber- Cucumber has both anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties which can help in relieving the symptoms of razor burn. It calms down the itchy skin and reduces the redness.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into slices. Place the slices in the refrigerator and allow to cool down for 30 minutes. Rub these slices on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Or you can also, take a cucumber and grind it with ¼ cup of milk. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator and then apply it on the affected area. Let the mixture dry for 10 minutes and then rinse it with water.
5. Mint tea- Mint has natural cooling properties and can soothe irritated skin, such as sunburn. Green tea has theobromine and tannic acid which help in relieving pain and heal inflamed skin. Brew 2 green tea bag with a handful of fresh mint leaves in 2 cups of water. Let it sit for around an hour so as to extract all the goodness from it. Put this tea in the refrigerator to chill. Use a cotton pad to apply this chilled green tea on the affected area. If you don’t have green tea, then you can also use black tea.
Also Read: 6 steps to make your waxing last longer