Bored and tired of eating regular kebabs? Then you should try this simple and quick recipe of kathal kebab. This recipe is a perfect snack that you can prepare during this winter season for parties and other occasions. You can serve this mouth-watering dish with chutney and dip of your choice.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of kathal kebab.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients needed for kathal kebab:
• Kathal- 2 or 3 pieces
• Potatoes- 1 1/2 cup
• Red chilli whole- 1 teaspoon
• Bayleaf- 2
• Mint- 7 to 8 leaves
• Green chillies- 3 to 4
• Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
• Chana powder (roasted)- 1 cup
• Salt- according to taste
• Coriander- 1 1/2 tablespoons
• Garam masala- 2 tablespoons
• Shahi jeera- 1 teaspoon
• Ginger- 1 teaspoon
• Elaichi powder- 1 teaspoon
• Dry mango powder- 1 tablespoons
• Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
• Javitri powder- 1 teaspoon
• Clove powder- 1 teaspoon
• Ghee- 1 tablespoons
Also read: Veg Seekh Kebab Recipe
Now, how to make kathal kebab:
• First, take a pressure cooker and then add the potato and kathal (jackfruit) pieces.
• After that add turmeric powder, salt and bay leaf and whole red chilli to it.
• Now, boil all the ingredients.
• Once the ingredients are boiled, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
• After few minutes, remove the bay leaf and strain the ingredients nicely.
• Now, transfer the strained ingredients into a separate bowl and mash them properly.
• Then, add chopped green chillies, coriander, all spices and salt in it.
• Mix all the ingredients properly to form a nice mixture.
• Form small balls from the mixture and then flatten them to form a tikki.
• In the meantime, heat some ghee on the pan.
• Once the ghee is hot enough, shallow fry the kebabs from both sides.
• After frying the kebab, transfer them into another plate.
• Serve it hot with the chutney and dip of your choice.
• The delicious kathal kebab is ready to be served.