Serene places and adoring landscape this place captivates attention with picturesque landscape. The largest and the least populated place in the Jammu and Kashmir, it is known fro its natural beauty. It has various monasteries and practices primogeniture. The architecture is identical to Tibet, it is one of the safest places in India.
Major Tourist Attractions
- Pangong Lake– Most people do it as a day trip starting early in the morning and come back in the evening. However, there are arrangements for the stay near the lake in Lukung & Spangmik and one can stay overnight either in tents.
- Nubra Valley (Valley of Flowers)– This is another popular trip but difficult to do in one day. Nubra Valley may not be as beautiful as is touted to be, and is the second favourite for tourists as a trip out of Leh.
- Tso-Moriri Lake– This is another trip which covers two smaller lakes Tso Kar and Tso Moriri. There is accommodation available in Korzok(Tso Moriri) but camping near the lake is not allowed.
- Sham Valley– This is an easier drive along Indus river towards Kargil and one can also see the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar on the way. The places to visit en-route are Hall of Fame war museum, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib.
- Various monasteries-around Leh– There are few big monasteries around Leh and can be covered in one day.
- Padum Valley– Padum is located at an altitude of 3505m from the sea level. Padum is one of the famous trekking destinations for trekking lovers, Zanskar.
- Zanskar Valley– Zanskar is one of the remotest regions of the Ladakh. Zanskar is spread in around 300km of area, which is only accessible through high passes. This valley is higher than any other valley in Ladakh region and located in the inner Himalaya. Here the rainfall is very less and the climates are very harsh.
- Parang La Trek– Parang La Trek is one of the most challenging and adventures trekking trail. This trek is located on an isolated route far into the mountains with many rivers to be crossed.
- Kang Yatse– This trek is located in the south east part of the leg, in the Markha valley. This valley is a dream for every trekker and everyone wish to trek the Markha Valley for at least once.
Where to Stay
Although Ladakh is a destination where it is best Trek and stay in tents. Nothing can be more Adventurous then this. As yet you can check out the various rest rooms and Lodges around the Ladakh corner. This destination is the least populated destination of the country that’s why the acquiescence issue would follow you. But for your convenience I am providing you a number of hotels.
- Greenland Hotel
- Hotel Padmailing
- Ashoka Guesthouse
- The Grand Dragon Ladakh
- Ladakh Residency
- Hotel Yak Tail
- Hotel Grand Willow
- Karakoram Hotel
- Ri- Rab Hotel
Ladakh is full of adventure. The long Himalayan range, with icy cool blissful wind will simply take you the edge of soothing life.
- Trekking campings
- Bike Rides
- Simply wandering on the Leh Ladakh blank Roads.
Where to Eat
Ladakh has certain cute as well as amazing restaurants which are beautifully delicious in every possible sense.
- Chopsticks Noodle Bar
- Dreamland Restaurant
- Penguin Garden Restaurant
- Ladakh Fine Foods
- Otsal Restaurant
- G- Kitchen
- Booklovers Retreat
Best time to visit Ladakh
The places drops extreme temperature during the winter season, so the best time to visit is during (June-September). The summer season provides clear and stunning view during the sunny season. Usually trekkers head to Ladakh during July- August, when the Srinagar-Leh and Manali-Leh highways are open for vehicles.
Some brownie points/tips……
- Woolens! Do not go there without a less warm stuff.
- Take Cash, not often you gonna get ATM facilities.
- If you have health issues then think again to visit.
- Take medications with you.
Incoming search terms:
- ladakh (30)