As the name suggests hot oil manicures involves hot oil, which is used in the process of manicure. Hot oil manicures are the best suited for dry cuticles and brittle nails that are more prone to breakage. This treatment is a perfect option if you want to treat your hand with some extra attention and care. Though the procedure is pretty much the same, but instead of asking you to put your hands in a finger bowl filled with water the customer is asked to put their hand in a bowl filled with warm oil. The oil is then massaged onto your hands, wrists, nails and cuticles to soften them and also add shine to the brittle nails. This manicure is relatively expensive and only very high end salons offer this service. The oils used in this treatment may involve olive oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil; the one that may suit your requirement.
There are several benefits associated with hot oil manicure. Some of them are as follows:
1. If you start getting a hot oil treatment regularly, not only it will prevent your nails from early ageing but will also keep your hands smooth and cuticles healthy.
2. The massaging motion improves the blood circulation thus making the skin healthier and smooth.
3. It also keeps skin problems at a bay in the long run.
4. Hot oil treatments work extremely well in exfoliating and moisturizing your nails keeping them clean. The health of your cuticles also improves.
5. During the process of manicure, the skin around the nails become comparatively soft and thus hangnails are comparatively easier to remove.
6. The nails grow faster and stronger and looks cleaner.
DIY Hot Oil Nail Manicure
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money getting the hot oil manicure or you could not find a salon that offers this service, then you can try the DIY version of this manicure.
1. To start with your luxurious hot oil manicure, you begin with the procedure of the usual manicure. Once you have reached the stage where you are supposed to put your hands in the finger bowl that is when the main procedure starts.
2. Take an oil of your choice. You can use any oil of your choice, but the most preferred ones are coconut oil, castor oil and almond oil. You can also add some vitamin E oil to it.
3. Heat the oil either on a stove top or in the microwave. Make sure the oil is not too hot, so as to burn your fingers. Dip your fingers in this oil and keep them in for a few minutes. After a few minutes take out your hands from the oil and massage your fingers, cuticles and nails with it.
4. Once you are done with the massage, finish it off with washing your hands lightly with warm water and wiping with a soft towel.
5. Do not use any soap or detergent based products for a few hours and let the goodness of the oil seep into your skin.
6. Don’t apply nail paints immediately post manicure. The standing time ensures that the nails absorb all the goodness of the oils and provide moisture to the dry and brittle nails, thus making them strong and healthy.
7. If you have some important event to attend then it is better to get this hot oil manicure done 2 days in advance.
Incoming search terms:
- hot oil manicure (1)