Jain style Paneer Makhani dish is very simple and easy to prepare. It is mainly prepared in North India during fasts. This recipe is specially made without onion and garlic.This dish is prepared by cooking paneer cubes in tomato gravy. And the best part this dish goes well with roti and rice.
So, if you want to prepare this ‘no onion and no garlic’ Paneer Makhani recipe at home then read further to know about the ingredients and recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for making Paneer Makhani:
• Paneer- 200g (cut in cubes)
• Butter- 1 tablespoon
• Tomato- 4 (puree)
• Cream- 3/4th cup
• Cumin seeds- pinch
• Salt- according to taste
• Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
• Tomato ketchup- 2 tablespoons (without onion)
• Paneer masala powder- 1 teaspoon
• Sugar (powdered) – 1 teaspoon
• Kasuri methi- 1 teaspoon
Also read: Quick Recipe: How To Make Paneer Tandoori
Now, how to prepare Paneer Makhani:
• First, take a pan and heat it.
• Now, add butter to it.
• Once the butter melts, add cumin seeds.
• When cumin seeds start getting brown in colour pour tomato puree in the pan and stir.
• Once the puree starts to boil add fresh cream to it and mix them well.
• After a while add salt and tomato ketchup and mix them thoroughly.
• Now, cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
• Don’t forget to stir in between.
• Later, take off the lid and add chilli powder and paneer masala powder to the mixture and mix all the ingredients properly.
• After that add paneer cubes to the mixture and stir.
• And finally, add sugar and kasuri methi to the dish and mix it again.
• Your Paneer Makhani is ready to be served.
Try this simple recipe of Paneer Makhani at home during fasts and stay healthy.