Mixed vegetable poha recipe is a very simple and delicious snack that you can prepare at home. This recipe is basically a classic Maharashtrian recipe which is prepared with pressed rice, spices, and a lot of veggies. So, try out this healthy and tasty snack at home and surprise your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for mixed vegetable poha recipe:
- Pressed rice (Poha)- 3 cups
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Black mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 8
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Potato- 1 (chopped)
- Peas- 1/2 cup
- Green beans- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (grated)
- Salt- as per requirement
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Raw peanuts- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons (chopped)
Now, how to make mixed vegetable poha:
- First, take a frying pan and heat some oil over low flame.
- Now, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds with curry leaves.
- Saute them for a few seconds.
- Then, add chopped onions and peanuts to the pan.
- Cook till the onions turn brown in color.
- After that, add potato, green beans, and peas.
- Now, toss all the ingredients.
- Then, cook the veggies for 2 minutes and add grated carrot.
- Again mix all the ingredients.
- Close the lid of the pan and cook the veggies on low flame for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, rinse the pressed rice and keep them aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, open the lid of the pan and check whether the veggies are cooked.
- Then, add the pressed rice and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Switch off the burner and add some lime juice on the poha.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and your mixed vegetable poha is ready.