Thai prawns recipe is a very simple and delicious delicacy that one cannot miss out. This recipe is prepared with prawns tossed in a mixture of various sauces and spices. Plus, this dish is a perfect option for the seafood lovers. You can also serve this dish on various occasions like buffets and kitty parties. So, try out this exotic dish at home and enjoy with family and friends.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients needed for Thai prawns recipe:
- Prawns- 1 kg
- Kaffir lime leaves- 2
- Lemongrass- 1 stalk
- Lime juice- 180 ml
- Red chillies- 6
- Fish sauce- 160 ml
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Caster sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Rice vinegar- 3 tablespoons
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Mint leaves- 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
- Cabbage- 1/2 cup
- Tomato- 3
- Spring onions- 4
Now, how to make Thai prawns:
- First, wash the prawns properly and remove all the dirt.
- After that peel the prawns carefully.
- Now, take a pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil to it.
- Then, add the peeled prawns to it.
- Sauté them for about 5 to 10 minutes and keep it aside.
- After that take a separate bowl and add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, rice vinegar, red chilli, and lime juice.
- Then add caster sugar and garlic to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Now, pour the prepared sauce mixture to the sautéed prawns and toss.
- Make sure all the prawns are evenly coated.
- Then, cover the prawns with a cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving place the prawns with tomato slices, cabbage, onion, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
- And your Thai prawns are ready to be served.