We Indians have a perennial sweet tooth. We all want something sweet after having our meals. But eating too much of market-bought sweets can be harmful to our health. So, we have a simple solution to this problem. Make this simple Badam Pista recipe at home. Note down the recipe.
Also Read: Instant Milk (Doodh) Peda Recipe
- 100 gms khoya
- 60 gms badam
- 60 gms unsalted pista
- 60 gms sugar
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1/4th tsp ghee for greasing the plate
- 1-2 tbsp. sliced almonds and pistachios for garnishing
How to Prepare Badam Pista Barfi?
- Heat a pan on low flame and roast the almonds and pistachios without any oil or ghee for few minutes. Don’t roast them too much that they get brown.
- Now grease a plate with some ghee and brush.
- Let the pistachios and almonds cool down. Grind them in a grinder to make a fine powder. Add the green cardamom to the grinder along with almonds and pistachios.
- Grind it to a powdery mixture. Don’t grind it too much as the nuts will release the oil in the mixture.
- Now take some khoya in the same pan. Add sugar in the designated quantity.
- Keep the pan on low flame while cooking the khoya. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid charring.
- You will see that both sugar and khoya has started melting. When the consistency of khoya starts getting thin, turn off the heat. Remove the pan from the gas stove.
- Add the almonds and pistachio mixture to the khoya mixture.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Now pour the mixture on the greased plate and spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Level it from the top using a spatula.
- Let it cool down at room temperature. When the mixture has hardened, slice the barfi using a knife.
- Garnish them using sliced almonds and pistachios. Store the badam pista barfi in an air tight container in a refrigerator.
Also Read: Instant Kalakand Recipe