Are you a vegetarian and are bored of serving that same dal rice everyday? And don’t even want to taste Paneer for that change of taste? Well, don’t frighten, we have a spectacular dish for you ladies to cook for a delicious lunch or dinner time! This dish is a perfect combination of sesame seeds and roasted peanuts with colorful bell peppers and capsicum.
In this recipe, you will learn to cook a finger-licking recipe for capsicum masala curry, in an hour’s time. Just follow the instructions carefully!
PREPARATION TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
• 1 cup of diced colorful Bell Peppers (Capsicum, yellow and red Bell Peppers)
• 1 diced Onion
• 1 medium sized, pureed Tomato
• 1 finely chopped Onion
• 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic Paste
• 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
• 1 teaspoon of Red Chili Powder
• 1 teaspoon of Coriander Powder
• 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
• 3 tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
• 3 tablespoons of Peanuts
• Salt as per the requirement
• Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Take a frying pan and roast peanuts & sesame seeds in it on medium flame.
2. Now grind them to make a fine paste and set aside.
3. Next, take a pan and add oil in it. Put it on medium heat.
4. Now add diced colorful bell peppers and dices onions to the heated oil and sauté them for 3-4 minutes. Take them out in a bowl and keep them aside.
5. Take the same pan, and sauté the finely chopped onions in it, until they turn golden brown.
6. Now add ginger-garlic paste and pureed tomato in it and stir well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. Then, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala powder. Stir well again.
8. Now, add the peanut and sesame paste into gravy and mix well.
9. Add a little amount of water to lessen the thickness of the gravy, making it semi-liquid. Let the gravy cook for another 5 minutes, until it separates the oil.
10. Then, finally add the sautéed diced onions and bell peppers into the cooked gravy and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with plain rice or roti.