Dahi Bhalla is the North Indian snack dish which is mostly made in the streets of India. One of the most famous street foods which loved all over India. It is a spicy fried vada with curd with the toppings of coriander and amchur chutney.
This is an all-time favourite snack which is served in parties and celebrations in North India. This snack takes the time to prepare and hence you should plan this in advance.
Also read: Quick Recipe: How To Make White Sauce Pasta
So, let’s get started with the recipe of yummy Dahi Bhalla:
Preparation time: 6 Hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients needed to make Dahi Bhalla:
• Urad Dal- 1 cup (soaked)
• Salt- 1 1/2 teaspoon
• Hing- 1/2 teaspoon
• Baking Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
• Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon (roasted)
• Coriander- 1 cup (chopped)
• Oil- for fry
• Water- 1 glass
• Curd- 400g
• Sugar- 3 teaspoons
• Chilli Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
• Garam masala- 1/4th teaspoon
• Amchur chutney- 2 tablespoons
• Coriander chutney- 1 tablespoons
• Pomegranate seeds- garnish
Now, how to prepare Dahi Bhalla:
• Remove excess water from urad dal and grind it with 1 teaspoon of salt, hing and 1/2 baking powder and grind it to form a thick paste.
• Pour the mixture into a separate bowl.
• Add crushed cumin seeds and coriander to the mixture and mix well.
• Now, drop a clump of the thick batter in hot oil and make vadas.
• Once the vadas are done pour water on them and let them soak for 5 minutes.
• In the meantime, take some curd in a bowl and add sugar to it.
• Whisk the curd and form a thick consistency.
• Squeeze out the excess water from the bhallas and pour the curd on them.
• On the top add chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, amchur chutney and coriander chutney.
• And finally, garnish it with pomegranate seeds.
• Your yummy dahi bhalla is ready to be served.
So, this was the easy, simple mouth-watering recipe of Dahi Bhalla. Try this at home and share your experience with us.